The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

ExtremeCanuck93

You wanted Batman to stand over Bane and mock him while he's dead? Come on... The only option he had was to leave, firstly because of the bomb and secondly it's just not like batman to gloat about someone's death. Hell, his only rule is to not kill, i know Catwoman killed him but still.

Phenomenal movie! If the Dark Knight was a 10 this was a 9.

This was an epic trilogy that will be unmatched by any comic book adaption / sci fi action series. As a Batman fan I'm forever thankful to Nolan for these masterpieces.

It's so nice seeing an "action" movie with an actual thought out STORY.

I was really sceptical when they cast Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, but she was brilliant.

Holy its been a while since I last checked up on this thread! Missed out on all the fun!

I have waited 4 years for this film to come out after creating The Dark Knight thread, keeping up with all the rumours of Johnny Depp playing the riddler, Angelina Jolie as cat woman, and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the penguin (remember all these?).

I have finally seen The Dark Knight Rises and also a fan of Chris Nolan, it was a great ending to the trilogy but with some small frustrating things that I have found along the way. Regardless Nolan went all out on this and I must say I am forever grateful.

- Batman's voice is still awesome, I dont know why I still like his voice (I must be the only one in the world to think that). Something different and adds to the dark tone.

- I was expecting more destruction from Bane. He had his henchmen do a lot of the work but as a main villain I was expecting more than just "rip your face" although he did well with the stadium and the early scenes in the sewers.

I was relatively disappointed with this movie. Super dark, like a totally different entity than the previous movie, and it just seemed like they tried to cram too much into one flick. There was only one twist, whereas the previous one was filled with them. I literally almost fell asleep a few times during the first 45 minutes, lots of filler scenes crammed in without enough payoff. A good movie, but nowhere remotely near great. The Robin thing is fascinating I must admit. Bane, and his voice, were excellent as well

Amazing film, just awesome. I can honestly say that I was not let down, especially with the ridiculously high expectations. Tom Hardy was excellent and Anne Hathaway made a surprisingly good Catwoman.

I think this one was better than the Dark Knight. Although Heath Ledger was good, I just think some people only liked it just because it was his last movie.

Amazing film, just awesome. I can honestly say that I was not let down, especially with the ridiculously high expectations. Tom Hardy was excellent and Anne Hathaway made a surprisingly good Catwoman.

It probably did better in the theatres because of his passing away, but he did an impeccable Dark Knight Joker, not the classic one (which is my favourite). I thought Jack Nicholson was the best old school Joker.

Go into the movie with an open mind, dont bother thinking it has to be better than the dark knight. Nolan knew that no villain could possibly top the joker. He did an excellent job ending the trilogy the way he did.

Cant wait to see him produce Superman.

6.5/10

I didn't like it that much and I'm a huge Batman fan, loved the last two movies. I thought their were pointless scenes in the movie that could of been taken out. It felt that their were too many characters that weren't really necessary in the movie. The ending was kinda predictable especially if you know the story of batman at all and it was boring ending to a great series. I couldn't understand half the stuff Bane was saying, but I thought Tom Hardy did a great job as him.

6.5/10

I didn't like it that much and I'm a huge Batman fan, loved the last two movies. I thought their were pointless scenes in the movie that could of been taken out. It felt that their were too many characters that weren't really necessary in the movie. The ending was kinda predictable especially if you know the story of batman at all and it was boring ending to a great series. I couldn't understand half the stuff Bane was saying, but I thought Tom Hardy did a great job as him.

Archived