The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hansen signs 3-year deal

Exactly. If not, Manny Malhotra IS OVERPAID. I mean Raymond/Samuelsson 45+ points for same or less money.

Please folks, it's for what he does on the ice, not for how much he scores. :picard:

You could have said the same thing about Kesler. Look where Kesler is now. :emot-parrot:

He will get there this season, quote me on it. Hansen has the potential to be a perennial 45-50 point guy and I think we will see him reach those numbers sometime during this new contract. The 3 year deal is perfect IMO because now he can just relax and play his game without having to worry about job security.

I'll have whatever you're having if you think he's going to reach those numbers. Hansen is 25 and most forwards have reached their potential by 25. Hansen will be a good 3rd liner who can put up 10g 30p, but anything more then that is a career year and you're cray if you think he can be a perennial 45-50 point guy

1.65 is not an overpayment. I think it is spot-on. Hansen is trending upward. People need to understand that the deal takes into account who he will be as a player, not just who he is. The deal is 3 years long. I think this deal will look better and better as time goes on.

Tell me whats overpaid and underpaid.

Malhotra is overpaid? Look what Torres got, everyone on CDC said they would have re-signed him for that price. 1.75M for big hits, stupid penalties, and a cold/hot streak player. Jannik Hansen gets paid less, does more, and is more valuable is overpaid?

I'll have whatever you're having if you think he's going to reach those numbers. Hansen is 25 and most forwards have reached their potential by 25. Hansen will be a good 3rd liner who can put up 10g 30p, but anything more then that is a career year and you're cray if you think he can be a perennial 45-50 point guy

Right...so once he gets there, he can ask for the deal he apparently was awarded this year.

CDC is made up of bunch of people I cannot understand. Raymond is barely getting 1M more than Hansen right now, which is a deal he got AFTER reaching 50+ points mark and yet, people bash him all the time. Oh right, because he took a step back by scoring 39 points in 70 games instead of 53 points in 82 games.

What has Hansen done for us lately other than working very hard and killing penalties really well?

Archived