The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hansen signs 3-year deal

He was never going to get 2-2.5mil like some fools suggested.

I can live with $1.35mil. But to me the important thing in this case is the three years.

The three most important years that will see which direction he goes in his career.

Not sure how many UFA years that includes though.

Really? Then obviously we don't need Raymond, Samuelsson or even Parise, according to you. We need more of Hansen and Torres and we will beat the other team by killing penalties and working hard. I'm sure the refs will award us at least one goal if our team is full of hardworking players!

Hansen's contract is an over payment, although it is only a slight bit, and it isn't justified.

This is what we needed. I feel we are good to go. No need for Winchester but if out of the goodness of his heart MG wants to "saddle us" with a rugged top6 goalscoring superman........................I say ok ok, whatever makes you happy ;-)

What wonderful news! Hansen's particular set of skills is very important to the team as a whole, so I'm glad they were able to work something out. I was starting to wonder if this was going to go all the way to arb...

On a side-note, I think one of my favourite things about MG is how he has created an environment that players want to play in. It's awesome how so many of our players seem to want to play for this team as badly as we want them to! And it's much more fun being a fan when you know the team you are rooting for (from the players all the way up to the owners) has the same goals you do. I am so excited for the 2012 season to get underway! Go Canucks Go!

Archived