The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dota 2

dawm

my MMR is only around 3332. I have a hard time caring about MMR, because it only goes up/down based on wins/losses, and since I primarily solo queue, I have very little control over that. yesterday I played three games and two of them had early abandons in them (won one, lost the other). it's really just a matter of luck with teammates.

my MMR is only around 3332. I have a hard time caring about MMR, because it only goes up/down based on wins/losses, and since I primarily solo queue, I have very little control over that. yesterday I played three games and two of them had early abandons in them (won one, lost the other). it's really just a matter of luck with teammates.

Solo Q/team Q both hover around 4900 (except for my throwing fits of recent, which brought me to 4200)

So really no, it's not luck. Also I play all roles except solo middle so you can't say the shotgun mid-carry to 5000 is what I do (although I could)

Yeah Glass, my MMR is around the same as yours, 3400ish.

I honestly hate solo queue, so I don't do it much. It's incredible the number of times I've queue'd with 3 friends only to have the one random player ruin the game completely for us by throwing.

I haven't been playing that long, about a year? Didn't play any Dota or Dota Allstars. Had always been a Counterstrike player first and foremost.

I honestly hate solo queue, so I don't do it much. It's incredible the number of times I've queue'd with 3 friends only to have the one random player ruin the game completely for us by throwing.

i got my MMR up to about 3680 this week, but in the last two days it has dropped down dramatically because of my solo queue adventures

just played a game against 5 carries, all had shadow blades, and my team refused to buy dust. like literally refused. our supports wouldn't buy wards, nothing. why do people play support if they won't buy wards? it was actually so bizarre that it was funny

in a game earlier our mid only had 320 hours of Dota, ever, and was from Peru. he was part of some stack with higher level players, sure, but when we were then paired against another 3 stack with players with 2000+ hours, hundreds upon hundreds of more wins, it really makes me wonder about this ranked mode.

like i said, it's so bad at times that it's actually funny that this is the best matchmaking system valve can come up with

void's a great hero

i got lucky with the item drops during new bloom. got a few auspicious items that landed me $26 on my steam account. only one i remember is auspicious shadow blade for kunkka, but i know i had another good one too

TI4 Announced for mid-july, switching from Baneroya Hall to another venue to hold more people apparently

Gonna be so many tournaments coming up,

• Dreamhack (EU)

• MLG (US)

• ESL (EU)

• Redbull Battlegrounds (US-E)

• TI4 (US-W)

Lots of travelling for those participating in multiple tournaments

i got my MMR up to about 3680 this week, but in the last two days it has dropped down dramatically because of my solo queue adventures

just played a game against 5 carries, all had shadow blades, and my team refused to buy dust. like literally refused. our supports wouldn't buy wards, nothing. why do people play support if they won't buy wards? it was actually so bizarre that it was funny

in a game earlier our mid only had 320 hours of Dota, ever, and was from Peru. he was part of some stack with higher level players, sure, but when we were then paired against another 3 stack with players with 2000+ hours, hundreds upon hundreds of more wins, it really makes me wonder about this ranked mode.

like i said, it's so bad at times that it's actually funny that this is the best matchmaking system valve can come up with

You have a party rating and a solo rating... Everyone is in the same boat.

When you que for solo it tries to match you up with people in similar situations. Like against one person in solo and a party of 4 on each side. So I dunno, it's pretty fair. The better you are the higher your rating, no excuses.

The better you are the higher your rating, no excuses.

disagree, the MMR system is absolutely, totally flawed, and not at all what was promised by Valve

there are loads of posts (of examples) on Reddit, joinDota, and websites like that to show the weird situations people get placed in. there was some dude with something like a 3.5k rating who was put into a game with Dendi. Two days ago I was in a game (all individuals, no groups) where one guy had a 2.2k MMR.

while IN THEORY it may be fair sometimes, quite often it isn't.

disagree, the MMR system is absolutely, totally flawed, and not at all what was promised by Valve

there are loads of posts (of examples) on Reddit, joinDota, and websites like that to show the weird situations people get placed in. there was some dude with something like a 3.5k rating who was put into a game with Dendi. Two days ago I was in a game (all individuals, no groups) where one guy had a 2.2k MMR.

Pretty sure Dendi was cheating to get his MMR up, he plays CD in which not many near his bracket play it. (Not many in general play CD)

So he gets matched with people way lower than him and he just grabs mid and wins the game single-handedly.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not perfect but I haven't encountered a situation where someone has been significantly better or worse at the 3.7k Mmr area.

I guess I'm lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the people getting put into games with significantly different MMR is the search parameters they're using are usually specific and obscure, like searching EUW and like Korean language for instance. That's how a lot of streamers are matched with/against their friends often.

People talk about raising your MMR is your own responsibility, well they forgot to mention the fact after you win one game the next you get some South American (aka no english, puta) who picks Pudge and feeds profusely.

How in the world can anyone improve their MMR with such a system? I hope they move towards region lock.

Archived