The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2011 Ivan Hlinka Tournament

Yeah like someone said this is the real u-18 tournament, not the one in april, and it's in honour of Ivan Hlinka who of course was a Vancouver Canuck in his short NHL career and shares our rookie scoring record with 60 points with Pavel Bure. Did a lot for Czech/Slovak/European hockey.

• 7 months later...

2013, yes.

Land with the Canucks? I doubt it. He'll probably go 1st or maybe 2nd overall. There's always a chance I guess.

Just think about it, he's already been dubbed the greatest prospect out of Finland EVER. He's 6'3, 200+ pounds already and can skate that huge frame around as well as anybody. He's already being rated as better than Larsson by some scouts because he has better breakout abilities. He also has an edge to his game.

wow I can see where all the hype is from then! At least in the SM-Liiga he's already looking pretty dominant from the videos you've posted there; are there more of these big, mobile, physical, feisty Finnish defenders available in the near future? Would love it if the Canucks also got someone with those qualities to man the blueline in the future

EDIT: by these I obviously don't mean anywhere near as high a ceiling as Rasmus, but conversely those mobile, shutdown guys who embody that Scandinavian toughness but can also play?

Archived