The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Hi avelanch, I have booked to make the long haul across the Pacific this winter for a ski trip. I got no fresh snow last time at Big White, and my question is how am I looking for the first week in February for mega snowfalls at Snowbird?

you need to tell me all about it.

For starters, the weather was absolutely PERFECT. Nearly 20 degrees and nothing but sunshine save one day where it was a bit cloudy and chilly. Spent my first day patio hopping in my friend's area, Naperville since it was so gorgeous out, and tried my first iceberg, which I think is just ingenious. Also happened to be the same weekend as the Chicago marathon so when I was downtown it was pretty cool walking around with some of the major roads closed off. Everyone I encountered, every single one of them, was super friendly, especially upon learning I was visiting from here.... I had the bartender serving me at Billy goat (which by the way was probably one of the best dang burgers I've ever eaten) sit next to me and tell me the story of the curse of the billy goat better than any story I've ever been told. Speaking of which the food, oh my goodness THE FOOOOOOD... it was absolutely mouthwatering!!! I don't know if I'll ever enjoy a normal pizza again! Portillo's lived up to the hype as well. And Garrett's chicago mix popcorn really is in an entirely different league... don't think I'll ever purchase the sub-par costco version again either lol. I really loved downtown, it's marvelous. Checked out Millennium Park and Buckingham Fountain. Went to a very nice rooftop lounge called Epic that was stunning at night followed by some dancing at this place called Untitled... was super expensive, and I don't believe I'll ever complain about going out DT Van again! The magnificent mile was great to check out too... though I sure as heck didn't buy anything. I ended up doing most of my shopping at the outlets. Loved checking out Wrigley Field and stopped into Murphy's for a brew. Navy Pier was also great... the view from the ferris wheel definitely took my breath away... literally I'm kind of scared of heights lol, but Lake Michigan is just so beautiful. There's so much history there, I really had an incredible time... probably my best birthday yet :) I've told so many of my good friends that they absolutely need to check it out at some point.

Am I a nasty person?

depends what you mean by nasty...

Hi avelanch, I have booked to make the long haul across the Pacific this winter for a ski trip. I got no fresh snow last time at Big White, and my question is how am I looking for the first week in February for mega snowfalls at Snowbird?

no clue.probably good?

For starters, the weather was absolutely PERFECT. Nearly 20 degrees and nothing but sunshine save one day where it was a bit cloudy and chilly. Spent my first day patio hopping in my friend's area, Naperville since it was so gorgeous out, and tried my first iceberg, which I think is just ingenious. Also happened to be the same weekend as the Chicago marathon so when I was downtown it was pretty cool walking around with some of the major roads closed off. Everyone I encountered, every single one of them, was super friendly, especially upon learning I was visiting from here.... I had the bartender serving me at Billy goat (which by the way was probably one of the best dang burgers I've ever eaten) sit next to me and tell me the story of the curse of the billy goat better than any story I've ever been told. Speaking of which the food, oh my goodness THE FOOOOOOD... it was absolutely mouthwatering!!! I don't know if I'll ever enjoy a normal pizza again! Portillo's lived up to the hype as well. And Garrett's chicago mix popcorn really is in an entirely different league... don't think I'll ever purchase the sub-par costco version again either lol. I really loved downtown, it's marvelous. Checked out Millennium Park and Buckingham Fountain. Went to a very nice rooftop lounge called Epic that was stunning at night followed by some dancing at this place called Untitled... was super expensive, and I don't believe I'll ever complain about going out DT Van again! The magnificent mile was great to check out too... though I sure as heck didn't buy anything. I ended up doing most of my shopping at the outlets. Loved checking out Wrigley Field and stopped into Murphy's for a brew. Navy Pier was also great... the view from the ferris wheel definitely took my breath away... literally I'm kind of scared of heights lol, but Lake Michigan is just so beautiful. There's so much history there, I really had an incredible time... probably my best birthday yet :) I've told so many of my good friends that they absolutely need to check it out at some point.

glad you had a great time. man, it makes me want to go back...

Where the heck has our little buddy disappeared to again?

who are you referring to? me? i didn't go anywhere, just been busy.

Favourite Pretty Ricky song?

there was more than one?

avsie, who is pretty ricky?

a horrible R&B group that got famous with a song about a late night phone sex line.

I also was wondered?

yes, yes you were wondered.

I saw Hodorette_85

read that as hordette_85, reminded me of a contestant on Wipeout last night, her name was Jenna Funkie, and she married a (presumably Chinese) guy with the last name of Ho, so she goes by the name of Jenna Funkie-Ho... I normally hate hyphenated last names, but how could you not use that one... it's GOLD, Jerry! GOLD!

Archived