The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

What's wrong with plastic? :huh:

So very many things.... especially when in relation to food and even more so when heated. There's a lot of scientific data that link it to cancer, diabetes and obesity (among other things...including feminizing men :shock: ) . Having plastic parts in something that boils water is just a fundamentally bad idea (heat + water + plastic = chemicals leeching in to water which you then ingest) . Yumm :wacko:

Watch this:

http://www.cbc.ca/na...ammed-to-be-fat

chemicals may* leech into the water

*do

Hope you guys aren't using plastic bottles Av....

Yay for pathetically useless canned responses :towel::rolleyes:

Hi,

Thank you for your message. We apologize for the delay in response. All our varietea's have the plastic viewing window.

Please visit us again soon, and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Adagio Teas

That's enough for me to not want to buy any of your products.

Guest Gumballthechewy

chemicals may leech into the water

So very many things.... especially when in relation to food and even more so when heated. There's a lot of scientific data that link it to cancer, diabetes and obesity. Having plastic parts in something that boils water is just a fundamentally bad idea (heat + water + plastic = chemicals leeching in to water which you then ingest) . Yumm :wacko:

Watch this:

Pffft! Can't be worse then the millions of other cancer related thing I ingest/come into contact with/get on my skin/ect. on a daily basis.

So very many things.... especially when in relation to food and even more so when heated. There's a lot of scientific data that link it to cancer, diabetes and obesity (among other things...including feminizing men :shock: ) . Having plastic parts in something that boils water is just a fundamentally bad idea (heat + water + plastic = chemicals leeching in to water which you then ingest) . Yumm :wacko:

Watch this:

*do

Hope you guys aren't using plastic bottles Av....

we're not using bottles with BPA, and we don't warm the milk in the bottle, and the milk is never hot enough to trigger the leaching of plastic (barely room temp warmed under the tap.). i did all the research to (like any new parent), and we've taken reasonable steps, but not everything is as bad as some of the sensationalist anti-plastic tree huggers make it seem.

we're not using bottles with BPA, and we don't warm the milk in the bottle, and the milk is never hot enough to trigger the leaching of plastic (barely room temp warmed under the tap.). i did all the research to (like any new parent), and we've taken reasonable steps, but not everything is as bad as some of the sensationalist anti-plastic tree huggers make it seem.

Probably (hopefully) good enough ;)

Meh, gonna die sooner or layer anyway, might as well live life to the fullest.

lol... then you're getting it backwards.

If you're ingesting chemicals that will make you obese, unnaturally feminine and give you diabetes, cancer or any other number of things it's going to SERIOUSLY cut in to that "fulfillment"

Guest Gumballthechewy

lol... then you're getting it backwards.

If you're ingesting chemicals that will make you obese, unnaturally feminine and give you diabetes, cancer or any other number of things it's going to SERIOUSLY cut in to that "fulfillment"

I changed it, besides, if all it took to make people obese and give them diabetes was a little plastic then the whole world would be fat and diabetic right now. Living an unhealthy lifestyle, is much, much, more likely to make you obese and diabetic.

Don't buy into all the fear mongering JR, your better than that.

I changed it, besides, if all it took to make people obese and give them diabetes was a little plastic then the whole world would be fat and diabetic right now. Living an unhealthy lifestyle, is much, much, more likely to make you obese and diabetic.

Don't buy into all the fear mongering JR, your better than that.

Most developed nations are heading that way. Even traditionally more healthy Europe is having the same issues with obesity, diabetes etc. At least they seem to be more proactive in combating it with better/faster laws etc particularly with things related to food (see: their ban of articial food dies, gmo's etc). Seriously, watch that documentary brought to you by the "fear monger" David Suzuki :rolleyes::lol: :lol:

And for the record I do not live in fear. I live educated Gum. Unhealthy lifestyle is merely one of the contributing factors to disease, obesity etc. That does not mean we should ignore the others.

Guest Gumballthechewy

And for the record I do not live in fear. I live educated Gum. Unhealthy lifestyle is merely one of the contributing factors to disease, obesity etc. That does not mean we should ignore the others.

I didn't say to ignore anything, just read everything you can about things, from as many sources as you can, but not hippies as they don't know what the hell they're talking about.

And don't trust documentaries.

Archived