The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

just listened to your song... sounds good, are you musically influenced by metallica by chance? seems like a song they'd do. I could't tell if there was a bassist in there (listened on iphone), but if you don't, maybe get someone to slappa dat bass. slappa dat bass mon.

also, it feels like the drums should have kicked in earlier, and with more of a presence. instead of gradually building with a symbol, when the drums kicked in it should have announed "here are the drums" with a run... something like ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-da-dum, pish

Guest Gumballthechewy

just listened to your song... sounds good, are you musically influenced by metallica by chance? seems like a song they'd do.

I don't know it that's a complement or not! :P

But seriously, I do listen to Metellica but I'm not really influenced by them, well I'm not consciously trying to emulate them at any rate. My biggest influences are Black Sabbath, Rush & Iron Maiden.

I could't tell if there was a bassist in there (listened on iphone), but if you don't, maybe get someone to slappa dat bass. slappa dat bass mon.

Yeah iPhone speakers aren't the greatest but there is bass it's done on computer program though (same with the drums), I'm not the best mixer but the bass is audible on a computer or stereo. It mostly follows the root notes of the chords anyway.

also, it feels like the drums should have kicked in earlier, and with more of a presence. instead of gradually building with a symbol, when the drums kicked in it should have announed "here are the drums" with a run... something like ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-dum, ba-da-dum, pish

Yeah, I was trying for soft and slow and this is one of my only slow/soft songs so I'm a bit of a rookie at it. Any suggestions on where you think the drums should start?

Thanks for taking the time to listen and give some feedback, it's always appreciated!

Oh, and sorry for filling your thread with my ramblings! :P

I don't know it that's a complement or not! :P

But seriously, I do listen to Metellica but I'm not really influenced by them, well I'm not consciously trying to emulate them at any rate. My biggest influences are Black Sabbath, Rush & Iron Maiden.

Yeah iPhone speakers aren't the greatest but there is bass it's done on computer program though (same with the drums), I'm not the best mixer but the bass is audible on a computer or stereo. It mostly follows the root notes of the chords anyway.

Yeah, I was trying for soft and slow and this is one of my only slow/soft songs so I'm a bit of a rookie at it. Any suggestions on where you think the drums should start?

Thanks for taking the time to listen and give some feedback, it's always appreciated!

Oh, and sorry for filling your thread with my ramblings! :P

55 seconds in feels like the perfect place for the drums to start. And I might even cut all of the stuff from 55 sec to 1:36, where the cymbal starts in. it would make the song a more manageable length, and would probably flow better.
Guest Gumballthechewy

55 seconds in feels like the perfect place for the drums to start. And I might even cut all of the stuff from 55 sec to 1:36, where the cymbal starts in. it would make the song a more manageable length, and would probably flow better.

Actually that's not a bad idea at all. I kinda felt it draged a little in the beginning.

Do you paint?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived