The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Blade quality though? There's more to a knife than tang. The Victorinox was rated above Wusthorf and slightly below Shun by America's Test Kitchen (at 1/4 the price). It's also one of the highest rated items on Amazon and recommended by numerous chefs.

http://thewirecutter...at-chefs-knife/

the mercer is what culinary students typically get when they enter the school, it's extremely durable and easy to keep sharp. a great entry level knife. it also wasn't part of the america's test kitchen testing.

Be a man! Cut off one of your fingers!

Almost did last night! :shock:

Boys were fussy last night so I was cooking with one strapped to me (distracting and blocks your view a LOT) and as I was scraping diced onion off the side of the bladed a fleshy bit of finger ran along the blade and YIKES!

Guest Gumballthechewy

My best friend slashed my hand open with a machete, scared the bone and I have no feeling in one of my fingers and it's numb and tingly permanently in two others.

True story.

Once gouged a screwdriver in to a finger down to the bone. That good enough?

nope.

My best friend slashed my hand open with a machete, scared the bone and I have no feeling in one of my fingers and it's numb and tingly permanently in two others.

True story.

cool story bro.

Getting a new workstation at work (CAD and 3D modeling primarily). There's budget for either "traditional" spinning hard drive(s) with a higher end Nvidia Quadro 2000 video card OR faster SSD drive(s) with a entry level Nvidia Quadro 600 video card. What's going to give me the biggest benefit/bang for the buck?

Archived