The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Coming up fast buddy! You guys have everything ready? Have you thanked the flying spaghetti monster for only blessing you with one baby. You should...twins are slowly driving us insane with sleep deprivation :lol: They sure are cute though :wub:

lol, i couldn't even imagine having twins, i'd probably treat them like a reality TV show where only 1 would go to college and their entire lives are scored so we can throw all our resources behind the "best" twin. maybe put it on TLC..

Surprise ending: they both go to college, everyone cries.

You just wait until she gets here!

Then on one of those nights where you're eyeballs feel like they're about to fall out of your head because you're so tired and your contemplating placing sharp objects in your ears to stop the crying noise...just pause, take a deep breath and imagine there's TWO OF THEM.

Then sir, you will truly pity my wife and I and be eternally thankful for your one, single baby...lol

Guest Gumballthechewy

lol, i couldn't even imagine having twins, i'd probably treat them like a reality TV show where only 1 would go to college and their entire lives are scored so we can throw all our resources behind the "best" twin. maybe put it on TLC..

Surprise ending: they both go to college, everyone cries.

If I had twins I would train them in the ancient ways of hockey and they would become like gods!!!!

If I had twins I would train them in the ancient ways of hockey and they would become like gods!!!!

We're going to let them pick whatever sport(s) they're interested in ;)

Part of me is praying that my love of hockey rubs off on them as nothing would make me prouder than watching my boys play hockey together as they get older.

The other part of me is terrified of 4:30am ice times and equipment costs :lol:

We're going to let them pick whatever sport(s) they're interested in ;)

Part of me is praying that my love of hockey rubs off on them as nothing would make me prouder than watching my boys play hockey together as they get older.

The other part of me is terrified of 4:30am ice times and equipment costs :lol:

I'll let my kids play whatever sports they want too, but the only sport they will be exposed to with me is hockey, so I'd like to think i'll be stacking the deck :D and I'd be more than fine with 4:30 AM icetimes, i'm sure they won't be though :P
Guest Gumballthechewy

I'll let my kids play whatever sports they want too, but the only sport they will be exposed to with me is hockey, so I'd like to think i'll be stacking the deck :D and I'd be more than fine with 4:30 AM icetimes, i'm sure they won't be though :P

Ha ha! That's like me, the only sport I have any interest in at all is hockey and it's my religion if you will, so it's the only sport my children would be exposed to around the house but they have my full support in whatever sport they choose (or don't choose).

Same on the sports. Pretty much hockey or nothing for me... of professional sports anyway. They'll also be exposed to plenty of hiking, swimming, mountain biking, yoga etc. But they'll probably end up in at least soccer at some point otherwise, whatever they're interested in is fine ;)

OpenFiler

Pros

1) Better hardware compatibility.

2) Better SMB transfer speed. Openfiler is built on Linux which has a better SMB implementation than FreeBSD.

3) Better Active Directory support. AD support is definitely more advanced in Linux than in FreeBSD.

4) DRBD Support.

Cons

1) Free version but commercially oriented. Some of the same features FreeNAS offers for free, Openfiler provides at a cost.

2) Does not support 4k Advanced Format Drives such as the Western Digital Green drives.

3) No ZFS filesystem support.

4) No RAID-Z support.

FreeNAS

Pros

1) Better performance with ZFS.

2) Better data security with ZFS, if you happen to use RAID-Z.

3) Completely free, not commercially oriented.

4) Can run on CF cards. CF cards are usually more reliable since they have no moving parts and are more energy efficient. It is basically one less hard drive that can heat up the rest.

5) Supports 4k advanced format drives such as the Western Digital Green drives.

Cons

1) If you decide to use ZFS as your file system you can’t use old hardware. The minimum recommended is a 64bit processor, with 4GB of ram and 4 hard drives.

2) Hardware compatibility. FreeNAS runs on FreeBSD, which does not offer the best compatibility with lesser popular chipset brands.

3) No DRBD support.

If you need a storage solution for a big business production environment, Openfiler is probably more adequate, for home use and smaller networks I would definitely recommend freeNAS.

Yeah I was leaning to FreeNAS but you research long enough and you start reading reasons otherwise back and forth :wacko: Damn you internet and all your information!!

Are you as sick as I am of all the doomsdayer crap in the Canucks Talk section?

Frack CDC annoys me at times.

Yeah I was leaning to FreeNAS but you research long enough and you start reading reasons otherwise back and forth :wacko: Damn you internet and all your information!!

Are you as sick as I am of all the doomsdayer crap in the Canucks Talk section?

Frack CDC annoys me at times.

i refuse to go into there, to be honest. the closest i get is the prospects section, or a prospect thread that finds it's way into the CT section by accident.

Fire AV! :frantic:

No wait! Trade Schneid-longo! :frantic:

Look how deep our D is! No wait, it sucks and Garrison is another failed Florida reject! :frantic:

Hodgson's jock strap is better than Kassian. Worst trade in Canucks history. Gillis should be fired! :frantic:

It's @#$%'ing nauseating :rolleyes:

Fire AV! :frantic:

No wait! Trade Schneid-longo! :frantic:

Look how deep our D is! No wait, it sucks and Garrison is another failed Florida reject! :frantic:

Hodgson's jock strap is better than Kassian. Worst trade in Canucks history. Gillis should be fired! :frantic:

It's @#$%'ing nauseating :rolleyes:

well thanks for bringing it in here... you're like the guy at work who comes in when he's violently ill/contageous and expects people to NOT be upset with him...

Archived