The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Guest Gumballthechewy

I gotta say, it was pretty great! ;)

Anyway, I watched A Game Of Thrones last night and I was completely lost, but I was intrigued, would you recommend buying the DVD's and watching it all from the start? Is it any good? I started reading the books, finished the first one a while back but I haven't gotten around to reading the second.

Guest Gumballthechewy

:P

She enjoys The Walking Dead, she might enjoy this.

And what the hell!? It's not like I'll be sitting there with my wang in my hand! :lol:

Guest Gumballthechewy

I tried selling it as "like the Walking Dead but with swords, magic and tits" :lol:

She thought it was hilarious!

I tried selling it as "like the Walking Dead but with swords, magic and tits" :lol:

She thought it was hilarious!

well, it does have some zombie like things... so yeah, kinda. oh, and don't forget the dragons. also, penises for the ladyfolk.
Guest Gumballthechewy

well, it does have some zombie like things... so yeah, kinda. oh, and don't forget the dragons. also, penises for the ladyfolk.

I did see one other episode a while back, there were two dudes going at it, one had a nice ass, no homo, and some old lady called one a "sword swallower", the curly haired one I think, it was hilarious.

I did see one other episode a while back, there were two dudes going at it, one had a nice ass, no homo, and some old lady called one a "sword swallower", the curly haired one I think, it was hilarious.

he's a sword swallower, through and through.
  • 2 weeks later...

Av I have major major problems on the relationship front...it's nothing to do with myself or my gf Beth but more to do with her parents. I am a free-spirited guy who doesn't kowtow to any religion or political party..and Beth is the exact same way...but her parents, who I just spent a week with in Vermont...are dyed in the wool Republicans and Presbyterians. I cannot seem to keep my opinions to myself..and Beth is just as opinionated...we faked it pretty good when her parents asked us about who we vote for, and came up with a good excuse not to attend church...but neither of us are sure how long we can keep this up. She's 24, six years younger than myself..and she's concerned that the next time we go visit her folks I won't be able to keep my tongue. Nervous as hell...I really really like Beth and I told her I could handle it...but I'm not really sure. Any advice?

Av I have major major problems on the relationship front...it's nothing to do with myself or my gf Beth but more to do with her parents. I am a free-spirited guy who doesn't kowtow to any religion or political party..and Beth is the exact same way...but her parents, who I just spent a week with in Vermont...are dyed in the wool Republicans and Presbyterians. I cannot seem to keep my opinions to myself..and Beth is just as opinionated...we faked it pretty good when her parents asked us about who we vote for, and came up with a good excuse not to attend church...but neither of us are sure how long we can keep this up. She's 24, six years younger than myself..and she's concerned that the next time we go visit her folks I won't be able to keep my tongue. Nervous as hell...I really really like Beth and I told her I could handle it...but I'm not really sure. Any advice?

well, I certainly wouldn't advise you to pander to them, as that will bite you in the ass later on down the road if you eventually marry/have children with beth. as far as the voting thing, just say you're on the fence, and youlike to keep an open mind going into the election so you make a well informed decision. they might back off then, or they might try to "convert you" to the republican party. my parents and brother are hardcore (and I mean HARDCORE!) republicans, and I love to stick it to them as a result (i'm liberal through and through), but you kinda have to ease into it. setting up an "anti-republican" wall will just cause animosity.

as for the religion thing, I tend to try to avoid those discussions, especially with those who have opposing viewpoints and are deeply entrenched in them. in this regard, i'd just try to keep it respectful and civil and try to switch the topic ASAP whenever it comes up. remember that just like you are entitled to your opinion, they are entitled to theirs, even if you feel it's completely incorrect. If Beth starts to break down and get into it with her parents on the topic, i'd try to help her calm down and get off topic, act like a mediator, if you will. it'll be some work, but it usually pays off in the long run. and I'm sure she'll thank you for it afterwards, if you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived