The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Not get it on the regular? Girl, there's no way you should be contemplating that.

I know, I know, but the dilemma is that this is probably the best I've had. I mean it's amazing, every single time. He's just... a moron and completely oblivious to anything that doesn't involve him directly.... completely self-centered. It's gotten so bad that I really don't feel any type of emotional connection to him whatsoever. That all being said, I'm human and I like sex, but I'm not really into the random hook ups/one night stands deal... never have been, never will. Not to mention I'm very indecisive to begin with.

if the only reason you are with him is to have sex regularly... you're a girl, you can have sex at any time, as many times as you want, with pretty much anyone. also, you can pull up to the self service pump until you find someone better if you have to (i hear good things about the rabbit). ALSO I hear gumball is looking for a good gal, and he's ready to settle down and start a family in the future. plus he's a real nice guys with amazing dogs.

if there are more reasons, i'd have to hear more about the situation before making a judgement on this case.

There are but to be honest. he flat out treats me like crap. I like him, a lot, but I know that I deserve a heck of a lot more... he doesn't reciprocate any of my actions (not saying it's necessary but, if you're there for your significant other during difficult times, is it really too much to ask that they support you during yours?)

Guest Gumballthechewy

ALSO I hear gumball is looking for a good gal, and he's ready to settle down and start a family in the future. plus he's a real nice guys with amazing dogs.

Awww, shucks.. :blush: You don't have to pimp me out Av. :P

I know, I know, but the dilemma is that this is probably the best I've had. I mean it's amazing, every single time. He's just... a moron and completely oblivious to anything that doesn't involve him directly.... completely self-centered. It's gotten so bad that I really don't feel any type of emotional connection to him whatsoever. That all being said, I'm human and I like sex, but I'm not really into the random hook ups/one night stands deal... never have been, never will. Not to mention I'm very indecisive to begin with.

There are but to be honest. he flat out treats me like crap. I like him, a lot, but I know that I deserve a heck of a lot more... he doesn't reciprocate any of my actions (not saying it's necessary but, if you're there for your significant other during difficult times, is it really too much to ask that they support you during yours?)

it sounds like it's time for you to move on. if there's no emotional connection and he treats you like crap you're doing yourself a disservice by staying in the relationship. a relationship cannot be based on sex alone.

What do you think about dating people with young children. Yay or Nay?

i don't have an issue with it, but you have to be really careful with that. i wouldn't introduce myself to the children until i was getting serious. i wouldn't want them to form a bond and then i feel like i'm stuck in the relationship for their sake. it's a sticky wicket, to be sure.

You probably already know a really nice guy who'd rock your world AND treat you like the gem you are. You probably already hang out with him and complain to him how much of an a-hole your boyfriend is.

I have yet to figure out why women follow this idiotic pattern over and over and OVER.... :rolleyes:

Not something I've ever done but maybe that sexual chemistry that's usually there from the beginning isn't there with the nice guy? Having that chemistry is usually one of the first things that trigger thoughts of wanting to be with them even if they are already nice. Otherwise you'll hear stuff like "Ew, he's like my brother" :P

Speaking of which, do you think a girl and a guy can only be just friends if they are completely unrestrained about what they talk about and spend lots of time together alone?

i think they can, i have plenty of females i consider friends that i've had very intimate conversations with and i haven't felt the need or want to get with then, even before I met my wife.

Speaking of which,  do you think a girl and a guy can only be just friends if they are completely unrestrained about what they talk about and spend lots of time together alone?

In my history, yes. However, once you are in a committed relationship and/or married, then it is incredibly difficult and in my opinion a bad idea.

In my history, yes. However, once you are in a committed relationship and/or married, then it is incredibly difficult and in my opinion a bad idea.

it certainly is much harder, as you need to take the other person's feelings into account (if they don't like it, then you probably need to tone it down/stop), but it's not impossible.

I personally haven't felt that need but I've found that guys always get other ideas when that happens with me... and it's not even "intimate" as in naughty stuff that are discussed but personal issues (I have a crapload of that). And then they'll say, "But look! We have a rare connection!".

the problem is, you're dealing with superhorny early twenty year olds. odds are they just want sex and are putting up with your stories because they think it will lead to sex.

Not something I've ever done but maybe that sexual chemistry that's usually there from the beginning isn't there with the nice guy? Having that chemistry is usually one of the first things that trigger thoughts of wanting to be with them even if they are already nice. Otherwise you'll hear stuff like "Ew, he's like my brother" :P

Speaking of which, do you think a girl and a guy can only be just friends if they are completely unrestrained about what they talk about and spend lots of time together alone?

No denying you certainly need chemistry but probably ~90% of the women I know followed that stupid, predictable pattern of dating the hot, "bad boy" a-hole type around their early 20's and whining about how poorly treated they were or "how hard it is to find a nice guy" etc.

Hellloooooo? Stop being completely shallow and dating A-holes!

And no, I wasn't trying/hoping to sleep with all of those women. A few, certainly but nowhere close to all.

Maybe it's something women just need to go through, I don't know?

Archived