The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

This thread resembles a Formspring account. Funny story, onetime I made a form spring account but never got a single question from anyone other than Formspring. Avalanch do you use formspring?

I honestly don't know what that is, so I'm going to have to say nope to that one.

If you had a bottle of wine, but the cork was stuck in it really good, and you tried to pull it out, but the corkscrew broke instead, how would get at the wine (without breaking the bottle).

Also, how long do you think it would take for a gash in your hand made by a jagged edge on a broken corkscrew to stop bleeding?

take a butterknife, put the tip to the top of the cork, and smack the back of the knife with something heavy to knock the cork inside the bottle, when inverted the cork will go to the bottom of the bottle and it will allow you to pour the wine out with ease. also, apply pressure to the would until it clots (usually 5-10 min), unless you scraped skin off of the hand, then you need to go to the hospital to get that bandaged.

take a butterknife, put the tip to the top of the cork, and smack the back of the knife with something heavy to knock the cork inside the bottle, when inverted the cork will go to the bottom of the bottle and it will allow you to pour the wine out with ease. also, apply pressure to the would until it clots (usually 5-10 min), unless you scraped skin off of the hand, then you need to go to the hospital to get that bandaged.

I did end up pushing it inside the bottle thanks. Not my ideal route but effective all the same.

Wasn't serious enough to go to the hospital, but it looks like it's stopped bleeding. Platelets really doing their thing, always amazes me.

Thanks for the advice ave. One more question, why aren't you a moderator?

I did end up pushing it inside the bottle thanks. Not my ideal route but effective all the same.

Wasn't serious enough to go to the hospital, but it looks like it's stopped bleeding. Platelets really doing their thing, always amazes me.

Thanks for the advice ave. One more question, why aren't you a moderator?

No problem, as for the moderator position that's not really up to me :emot-parrot:

Archived