The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Well, I'm still here. Just too uninteresting to talk to. Any tips on how to change this?

be spontaneous, like go grab a girl and go streaking.

How can I get girls to like me, actually how can I get a girl to like me?

be spontaneous, like go grab a girl and go streaking.

You're not uninteresting one one two :(

not anymore, afterall, he's going streaking with a random girl.

Well then there's the problem of finding one. The only girls outside of family/friends/younger girls I know are... Well, I don't know any. The best way for me to find a girl would be to start going to class, but I don't think the girls there wouldn't be too interested in going streaking. In fact, I'm almost positive.

I live in a small village near Smithers BC (I can travel there if necessary, it's not much of a problem, but not much further than that). There really isn't much to do here.

Well then there's the problem of finding one. The only girls outside of family/friends/younger girls I know are... Well, I don't know any. The best way for me to find a girl would be to start going to class, but I don't think the girls there wouldn't be too interested in going streaking. In fact, I'm almost positive.

I live in a small village near Smithers BC (I can travel there if necessary, it's not much of a problem, but not much further than that). There really isn't much to do here.

you'll never know unless you ask. :D i'd suggest a trip to a larger city.

I'm sure this has been asked a whole bunch of times in this thread, but for the uninformed, what's the anime clip in your sig? Also, you seem to be big into it, what's the deal with anime anyways? Are you Japanese and enjoy watching cartoons in your native tongue, or is it just something you like?

that clip is from the ending of the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

I'm not japanese, and I'm not really into anime, just a select few. they tend to have more complex and engaging storylines than the majority of western shows and a different/better sense of humour, at least the ones I like (there are also ones that are absolutely abhorrent, which are the majority of them). I guess it's also something completely different, like a change of pace that makes it appealing too.

Also, I really want to go to the 49ers game tomorrow but can't find a reasonably priced ticket. Where would you look?

i doubt you'd find a "reasonably priced" ticket anywhere, they will all be super expensive, though you may be able to get a discounted one from a scalper after the game starts.

I'm not japanese, and I'm not really into anime, just a select few. they tend to have more complex and engaging storylines than the majority of western shows and a different/better sense of humour, at least the ones I like (there are also ones that are absolutely abhorrent, which are the majority of them). I guess it's also something completely different, like a change of pace that makes it appealing too.

Very cute. Well on that topic, and if it isn't too personal, what is your ethnicity and age? Feel free to not answer, I'm just trying to picture what you, the self-appointed CDC savant (and fairly decent at it, as the length of this thread attests to), might actually look like.

i doubt you'd find a "reasonably priced" ticket anywhere, they will all be super expensive, though you may be able to get a discounted one from a scalper after the game starts.

True, but I'd need to go hang out around Candlestick just to have a shot, and it's a bit of a hassle to get there. I'm going to just keep hanging around on stubhub and see if anyone posts a reduced price last minute.

Very cute. Well on that topic, and if it isn't too personal, what is your ethnicity and age? Feel free to not answer, I'm just trying to picture what you, the self-appointed CDC savant (and fairly decent at it, as the length of this thread attests to), might actually look like.

30, Anglo-Saxon, married to a Filipina (specifically, Bicolana).

30, Anglo-Saxon, married to a Filipina (specifically, Bicolana).

Had to look that one up, I had no idea the Phillipines were such an interesting place. I'm engaged to a girl from an Asian archipelago myself (think Northeast of the Phillipines, home of sumo wrestling and Toyota...), and yet people seem to think she's Filipina and even will start speaking Tagalog to her randomly. Why do you suppose that is, what cues do such a diverse ethnic people like Filipinos have to identify each other?

Had to look that one up, I had no idea the Phillipines were such an interesting place. I'm engaged to a girl from an Asian archipelago myself (think Northeast of the Phillipines, home of sumo wrestling and Toyota...), and yet people seem to think she's Filipina and even will start speaking Tagalog to her randomly. Why do you suppose that is, what cues do such a diverse ethnic people like Filipinos have to identify each other?

I think it's just a thread of commonality, something they can bond with in a new person. I know Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Korean people all start talking to my wife in their native languages too, but she is a lighter Filipino (there's some Spanish ancestry down her line somewhere), so she does kind of look more like a northern Pacific Asian. then again, filipinos migrate all over the place so their bloodlines do get immersed into the other cultures, so they may know people of their own ancestry that looks similar. also, there are a lot of Japanese and Chinese present in the Philippines, so its more understandable that a Filipino would approach a Japanese and speak Tagalog than vice versa.

Archived