The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

If 2 physics are reading each others minds, are they reading their own mind or the others?!

they are reading the other's mind. so they have access to everything the other person knows, in addition to what the other person has read of their own mind.

how do i get my woman to be more "hands on"?

depends if that's supposed to be a double entendre or not. i'll assume it is, because of what would have been "air quotes" if we were speaking face to face. just explain to her that you have needs too, and a relationship isn't a one way street. if both people's needs aren't met there is an imbalance, and the longer time goes on, the larger the imbalance becomes, eventually growing so large that it's unable to be corrected, causing the relationship to fall apart. say that you care about her deeply (maybe even love her, if you're at that point in your relationship) and that you would be devastated if that were to happen so you guys should work on creating a balanced relationship, including her being more "hands on".

Alternately: buy her jewlery

With the vast size of the universe and it's age, and with the way life seems to have evolved here, and the millions of earth like planets out there capable of supporting life, why is there a seemingly lack of evidence for other intelligent life?

With the vast size of the universe and it's age, and with the way life seems to have evolved here, and the millions of earth like planets out there capable of supporting life, why is there a seemingly lack of evidence for other intelligent life?

they are all probably asking the same thing. we're just too far apart.

they are all probably asking the same thing. we're just too far apart.

Yes, but...."If interstellar travel is possible, even the "slow" kind nearly within the reach of Earth technology, then it would only take from 5 million to 50 million years to colonize the galaxy"

There are planets more then 50 million years ahead of us in evolution - our galaxy should have been colonized by now...

Guest gumballthechewy

What defunct NHL team do you miss the most?

I missed Hartford until the Canucks adopted the blue and green colour scheme.

Yes, but...."If interstellar travel is possible, even the "slow" kind nearly within the reach of Earth technology, then it would only take from 5 million to 50 million years to colonize the galaxy"

There are planets more then 50 million years ahead of us in evolution - our galaxy should have been colonized by now...

what's to say they are millions of years more advanced than us? or have the need/want to colonize the galaxy?

What defunct NHL team do you miss the most?

I missed Hartford until the Canucks adopted the blue and green colour scheme.

I gotta say the Nords. I always liked them.

I actually miss the Las Vegas Posse of the CFL. Just because I still have one of their t-shirts.

not a question :P

Archived