The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

Guest Gumballthechewy

stay in and eat out.

This made me laugh so hard but man, my girlfriend damn near crapped her pants!

By the way, excellent suggestion! I think I have tonight planned out now! :P

Tesla or Edison?

Kirk or Picard?

Why the hell isn't Pluto a planet anymore? Who do those people think they are?

Tesla

Picard (though I LOVE Kirk too)

Pluto is no longer deemed a planet because it's too small, circles the sun in an off-axis orbit, and it's orbit crosses over Neptune's orbit. I disagree with their justification, as i think it's more them being too lazy to add the new ones than it is them thinking Pluto isn't really a planet.

they think they are some sort of astronomical body or something, i think they are lazy a-holes

Tesla

Picard (though I LOVE Kirk too)

Pluto is no longer deemed a planet because it's too small, circles the sun in an off-axis orbit, and it's orbit crosses over Neptune's orbit. I disagree with their justification, as i think it's more them being too lazy to add the new ones than it is them thinking Pluto isn't really a planet.

they think they are some sort of astronomical body or something, i think they are lazy a-holes

Damn this limit on +1s. Laziness was my original thought too. Adding Eris, Haumea and Makemake, not to mention Ceres, which would also qualify to the list of Planets would take too much work, and so instead of adding the worthy candidates to the field of 9, they disrupt a well known mnemonic study aid (My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas) by demoting Pluto. Makes no sense otherwise. ;)

Damn this limit on +1s. Laziness was my original thought too. Adding Eris, Haumea and Makemake, not to mention Ceres, which would also qualify to the list of Planets would take too much work, and so instead of adding the worthy candidates to the field of 9, they disrupt a well known mnemonic study aid (My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas) by demoting Pluto. Makes no sense otherwise. ;)

now it's just "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Noodles"
Guest Gumballthechewy

I was just messing around. I have an uncontrollable sarcasm gland and it has gotten me into trouble plenty of times.

That's why I have to warn people not to take me seriously, ha ha!

Oh, and sorry avlanche for jacking your thread.

:bigblush:

Archived