The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask Avelanche Anything? - the resurrection

avelanch

^^^ Was that a random number or did you actually put that many into your mouth?

in my college days I experimented with various food objects that fit in my mouth and determined their max quantities. if you would have said smarties, the # would have been 142, and peanut M&M's would be 83, while almond would be 91

Do you like elephants?

Detailed answer plz? ::D

i like elephants as a concept, as a mode of transportation, as a zoo subject and as a circus act. I do not like elephants as a source of ivory, as food, in a stampede, as a quilt, as a sexual partner, or as a significant other (they never forget)
Guest Gumballthechewy

Hey, tech question: when I turn on my computer monitor it makes a high piched whine then the screen goes blak until I turn off the moutor an turn it back on, sometimes I does this a few time before it stays on and it only seems to do it cold.

Do you know what's wrong?

Hey, tech question: when I turn on my computer monitor it makes a high piched whine then the screen goes blak until I turn off the moutor an turn it back on, sometimes I does this a few time before it stays on and it only seems to do it cold.

Do you know what's wrong?

yeah, you need to get a new monitor. is it a CRT? sounds like the tube is going.

if a wibble wobble was a snuggle wuffle would you wuvvel wuvvel or sniffle sniffle?

i would wibble wobble cus there's no trouble wubble in the wuvvel wuvvel, so wibble wobble would fix a wuvvle trouble
Guest Gumballthechewy

yeah, you need to get a new monitor. is it a CRT? sounds like the tube is going.

What's CRT? It a flat screen whatever that makes it, I'm pretty tech-tarded. Here's a picture, it's not it exactly but it's close:

samsung_computer_monitor_15_flat_screen_22_evansville_in_28528249.jpg

I'm not a home or I'd just take a pic myself.

What's CRT? It a flat screen whatever that makes it, I'm pretty tech-tarded. Here's a picture, it's not it exactly but it's close:

samsung_computer_monitor_15_flat_screen_22_evansville_in_28528249.jpg

I'm not a home or I'd just take a pic myself.

not a CRT. this is a CRT

samsung-17-crt-monitor.jpg

LCD monitors use a fluorescent tube for the backlight (at least they used to; LEDs are starting to be used instead of CCFLs). It might be a bad tube, depending on the age of the monitor.

Yeah it's getting pretty old... Damn! Bad time for this to happen...

Thanks for the help! :)

if it's not a good time to replace it, you could just leave your comp on all the time (keep it warm) or just keep using it as it is until it completely gives out or you are in a better position to replace it.
Guest Gumballthechewy

or just keep using it as it is until it completely gives out

That what I'll have too do. Whatever, it seems to be holding out for now. I guess I could just use my tv if it craps out on me.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Hey I was talking to my mother yesterday and we got on the topic of computers which lead to my monitor and it turns out she has an old one (like two years old I believe) and she'll let me use it until I can afford a new one.

Thanks for your advice non the less!

Archived