The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Rypien Passes Away

Darcy Rota

It's true and very sad, you think he had the world ahead of him, just re-signing with the Jets and in his interview about that he was saying positive things about where he was with knowing himself now, the progress he made over the past months. Everything can look fine on the outside, but depression is a shadow that can be hard to shake, even if it seem you have the world by the tail. At Crowsnest Pass, where he hung himself in his hometown residence today, everyone knew him or knew of him, his grandparents live here... he was a local boy who made The Show. Today the RCMP were dealing with a 'sudden death' here, and it turned out to be Rick Rypien. Why? can never know. ......... lots of sadness here, tragedy touches a small town. And it seems hockey will miss him, from everyone's tribute comments he was noticed in the league. RIP.

RIP IN RIPPER. In times like this, we are all Canucks. I'am going to find some time tomorrow and go down to Rogers Arena and drop off a few momentos by the Roger Nielsen statue to get a makeshift memorial going. I remember when Luc Bourdon passed away, there was a makeshift memorial then and scores of Canucks fans came on down to drop off things to add to the memorial and for Canucks fans to gather. Also an idea is make a donation to Canucks Place with a 37 dollar donation or whatever you desire, a good gesture in memory of the Ripper!

RIP Ripper, Best pound for pound fighter in hockey period. It's too early for you to leave, I hope you find peace.

I hate that you wanted to be 1st and recognized on this forum for posting this news.

Shame on you.

He won every fight except his personal demons. Way too young, and too much life ahead of him.

My heart goes out to Rypien's family and friends. Remember the light at the end of the tunnel, may be you. Never give up, talk to friends, talk to family, no matter what your situation there's almost always another way out other than ending your life.

Sad news.

Archived