The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

We used to have a thread by this name in the Off Topic forum, and it generated a lot more posts than all of the football threads in this sub-forum are generating right now. Since this forum was created everyone has gone off and made separate threads for their chosen teams and leagues, and the place has turned into a bit of a ghost town to be honest.

I'd just like to see if anyone else feels the same way about me and would like to keep everything together again, because IMO it's much better that way.

Thanks

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
  • Upvote 2

Neymar is staying in Brazil for another year apparently and no news on Sneijder for a day or two. I still reckon he will end up at United. Cleverley looked good against West Brom on Sunday and had a great pre season and will be a star but I dont think he is ready for the big matches against the experienced old pros just yet

I just got my ticket for Celtic vs FC Sion in the Europa League Playoffs tomorrow.

Lisbon Lions Stand. Hoping there will be a decent turnout (By decent I mean 50,000+. Anything less than 45,000 and I'll be disappointed).

watched the celtic "legends" against the united legends the other week, amazing crowd, henrik was equally amazing

somewhat related to your match tomorrow, in 1983 Aberdeen played FC Sion in the ECWC early rounds, if I remember rightly, we won the first leg 7-0 and the 2nd leg 4-1 and as we all know, we went on to win the ECWC that year, maybe thats an omen for the tims but I doubt it :lol:

as for aberdeen...........blah, never mind a win, right now I would settle for a bloody goal!!! we did play much better against celtic last week though, just no creativity and Stewart Milne is a tosser, its a disgrace what he has done to our club

Hoping to come up for the Czech Republic game next month, should be a great night and I fancy us to beat them

watched the celtic "legends" against the united legends the other week, amazing crowd, henrik was equally amazing

somewhat related to your match tomorrow, in 1983 Aberdeen played FC Sion in the ECWC early rounds, if I remember rightly, we won the first leg 7-0 and the 2nd leg 4-1 and as we all know, we went on to win the ECWC that year, maybe thats an omen for the tims but I doubt it :lol:

as for aberdeen...........blah, never mind a win, right now I would settle for a bloody goal!!! we did play much better against celtic last week though, just no creativity and Stewart Milne is a tosser, its a disgrace what he has done to our club

Hoping to come up for the Czech Republic game next month, should be a great night and I fancy us to beat them

The Legends game was brilliant. And for a good cause.

As for the Scotland game, I was really hoping to go. But I'm up in Aberdeen working at the moment and will be until the 10th September, which is the week after the Czech republic and Lithuania games. Tickets are on sale to the general public now. £32 i think. I've just got a few days off to move stuff out of my flat so I figured I'd go and see the hoops while I'm down this week. Haven't been to CP in ages.

Disappointing Celtic. Disappointing. That's all I'll bother saying.

I hear Sion fielded 4 ineligable players so Celtic will get through anyways?

Another tactical masterstroke by super ally............taking Naismith off at half time :-))

Great to see the mini huns get humped too!!!

Furryboots in Aberdeen are yi? Say fit like to my home town :-))

We used to have a thread by this name in the Off Topic forum, and it generated a lot more posts than all of the football threads in this sub-forum are generating right now. Since this forum was created everyone has gone off and made separate threads for their chosen teams and leagues, and the place has turned into a bit of a ghost town to be honest.

I'd just like to see if anyone else feels the same way about me and would like to keep everything together again, because IMO it's much better that way.

Thanks

Yeah that thread was pretty popular and got a lot of posts...especially when Ukranian Canuck was around. :lol:

I hear Sion fielded 4 ineligable players so Celtic will get through anyways?

Another tactical masterstroke by super ally............taking Naismith off at half time :-))

Great to see the mini huns get humped too!!!

Furryboots in Aberdeen are yi? Say fit like to my home town :-))

And it gets worse... St Johnstone :picard:

Apparently FIFA and UEFA won't make a decision until after the return leg. So if Sion actually do win, it gives them a major headache. I'm pretty sure they'd rather see Celtic win, give Sion a slap on the wrist and a fine and that'll be it.

And it gets worse... St Johnstone :picard:

Apparently FIFA and UEFA won't make a decision until after the return leg. So if Sion actually do win, it gives them a major headache. I'm pretty sure they'd rather see Celtic win, give Sion a slap on the wrist and a fine and that'll be it.

WHAT??? UEFA WONT MAKE A DECISION??? SAY IT AINT SO...............

Super J's.............. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (sorry) :lol:

Went to Old Trafford last night, United were outstanding, especially 2nd half. Chant of the night though was from the Spurs fans, directed at Nani, "your just a sh!t Michael Jackson, sh!t Michael Jackson" made me laugh. Not as much as Celtic against St Johnstone though, sorry, I cant help it..............

So, the European and World champions, Spain, are now the second best team in the world rankings, behind Holland. :shock: This and the fact they have England ranked #4 in the world :shock::shock::shock: confirms what we football fans have known for a while, FIFA know f**k all about football

• Upvote 2

QPR cost me £40 last night :angry:

And Inverness cost me £70 tonight :angry:

One result wrong on my coupons 2 nights in a row... so depressing.

My brother had a similar result last week, he put 50p on all these teams, one didn't tip up and his return would have been a couple of hundred. Never seen a guy so gutted.