The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

he's a walking circus. i wouldn't want him, to be honest. unimpressive record in england. liverpool would be his 4th major club and he's, what, 24? i dunno. it's a gamble, unless he takes a serious wage cut, imo

When I said character I ment a person who has an amusing, eccentric personality.

Unless he really clicks in liverpool I can see it lasting until Jan 2016.

He had some great moments at City in big games his assist to aguero against qpr and his 2 goals in the 1-6 Manchester Derby are memories I'll have for ever.

is the signing confirmed for United? huge if so, although part of me is a little skeptical he can perform at the level he did for Madrid... he is a big time diver, quite a soft player. will be interesting to see how he makes the transition

near disaster for Arse today.

some big name players coming to england this summer. has Balotelli been confirmed yet?

He is coming to Manchester for talks next week. It has been confirmed from Madrid even though Utd refuse to comment... Guess they burnt their fingers a few times last season, when they spoke too soon. But yes a massive signing for utd.

Still believe we need a box to box midfielder and a centre back more, but there might just be some light in the horizon after all :)

When I said character I ment a person who has an amusing, eccentric personality.

Unless he really clicks in liverpool I can see it lasting until Jan 2016.

He had some great moments at City in big games his assist to aguero against qpr and his 2 goals in the 1-6 Manchester Derby are memories I'll have for ever.

Balotelli I a nutter (surprise surprise), but I'll admit he did pull a good one, when he scored against utd and showed the famous 'why always me' t-shirts... Took me a few weeks (if not months) to see the funny side of it though :)

Everton must be gutted. I left at 2-0 during the second half...can anyone fill me in?

It seemed like they just took their foot off the gas and let arse get back in the game... I think the arse subs also helped push it towards them and lukaku being subbed off for everton didn't help (he had ice on his foot after)... I only had it on in the background so I could be off a bit.

Everton must be gutted. I left at 2-0 during the second half...can anyone fill me in?

I was up at 6:30 after 5 hours of sleep only.

I was like "okay I'll watch this game and then nap"

It was 2-0 in the 60th so I just went to sleep. Woke up in the 93rd and shit myself.

It seemed like they just took their foot off the gas and let arse get back in the game... I think the arse subs also helped push it towards them and lukaku being subbed off for everton didn't help (he had ice on his foot after)... I only had it on in the background so I could be off a bit.

Nope, that's pretty much what happened. :)

Di Maria is a great player, but, I can't see him helping all that much in a 3-5-2. Where is he going to play? I could see him playing behind the strikers in a 4-1-2-1-2 or in the middle in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. United need help at the back. The way they're playing the 3-5-2 is really like a flat back 5. Where does Di Maria fit?

• Upvote 1

Di Maria is a great player, but, I can't see him helping all that much in a 3-5-2. Where is he going to play? I could see him playing behind the strikers in a 4-1-2-1-2 or in the middle in a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3. United need help at the back. The way they're playing the 3-5-2 is really like a flat back 5. Where does Di Maria fit?

Agree, and will not be surprised to see Mata as the odd man out. Gary Neville was asked the same question and he was convinced utd would play 3 up top ie 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. If they wants proper wingers and rooney to play Mata will be the odd man out. They could also play 4-4-2 and again its hard to see where Mata fits in. Although being a good player, never understood why Moyes bought him, as he didn't fit into the system (unless Rooney is the odd man out, but doubt that).

De maria on one side and Januzaj or Valencia on the other with RVP on top, Rooney as no 10 and two midfielders to protect him and a proper back 4 is what it looks like.

Edited by spook007