The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Only game I watched today was a Gladbach and Schalke replay, honestly a super fluid, end-to-end game really entertaining to watch. Raffael is awesome, been an excellent pickup for Gladbach, I thought Korb also played very well throughout the whole game, 

I think I am going to get into the Buli more now that Sportsnet has fairly decent coverage for it.

• Upvote 1

That draw against City feels like a loss. No Aguero and no Silva, City were there for the taking and we didn't do anything. We didn't even register a single shot in the first half ffs. I'm so frustrated, how long are we going to persist accommodating the name that is Wayne Rooney because right now that is all he is, a name. He was once a great player but that was awhile ago. We can't keep starting him upfront because of what he has done in the past when doesn't offer anything now. He needs to be dropped from the starting line up. Martial needs to play upfront and Memphis needs to get his $&!# together and get back into the starting line up. Other than that the positives for this game once again were Martial, the partnership of Basti and Schneiderlin and our back 4, especially Smalling,  played great. 

At least Chelsea are still playing like crap, so that is fun to watch. 

Edited by Malkin Cookies

That draw against City feels like a loss. No Aguero and no Silva, City were there for the taking and we didn't do anything. We didn't even register a single shot in the first half ffs. I'm so frustrated, how long are we going to persist accommodating the name that is Wayne Rooney because right now that is all he is, a name. He was once a great player but that was awhile ago. We can't keep starting him upfront because of what he has done in the past when doesn't offer anything now. He needs to be dropped from the starting line up. Martial needs to play upfront and Memphis needs to get his $&!# together and get back into the starting line up. Other than that the positives for this game once again were Martial, the partnership of Basti and Schneiderlin and our back 4, especially Smalling,  played great. 

At least Chelsea are still playing like crap, so that is fun to watch. 

I'll agree, that draw felt shocking to me City weren't really getting much going, I kept waiting for utd to get a couple goals, never happend.

today's LC game was nice, 5 goals, Kelechi with a goal and 2 really nice assists. He has such a bright future. Hope Zabaletta is going to be okay.

Should Mourinho leave, Carlo Ancelotti would be the most logical but they'll probably hire Rodgers on an interim basis a la Benitez then go and poach Emery/Lopetegui/Simeone in the off-season.  Pep at Chelsea would be interesting too.

Sherwood would sell all the good players and buy a young squad lolololol

imo losing 2 of the top15gks in the world imo in less then 6months will damage any team quite a bit. Terry is over the moon, Cahill is average and looked good since matic infront of him was bossing it.  Fabregras, hazard, ivanovic, costa, oscar, pedro have under preformed to say the least.

I think part of it was losing their gks, but I think certain players are sick of Jose tactics and rather play neutral/attacking soccer instead of sitting back and defending.

If I was Manchester United, Pep is available and interested to coming to England. Then I will ship off lvg to retirement a year early. Taking pep away from city and Chelsea would be huge. Giggs isn't ready yet to be full time manager and even though lvg is a great manager attacking in the final 3rd seems to be his weakness at utd. Would be much better imo to learn 2-3years with better attacking tactis from pep and take him away from contenders. City + Pep+current roster+new signings next year = deadly. City and pep I could see winning a champion league or at least making final 4 or the final. 

Chelsea with rodgers would get them 6th I think. Although I am thinking he is waiting for Newcastle.