The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

5th draws for round for the FA cup:

Chelsea vs. Manchester City

Shrewsbury Town vs. Manchester United

Reading vs. West Brom or Peterborough utd.

Blackburn Rovers vs. Liverpool or West Ham

Spurs vs. Palace

Watford vs. Leed utd.

Arsenal vs. Hull City

5 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

United making no signings in January when our midfield is $&!# and we only have 2 legitimate fullbacks who combine have started less than 10 games for the club. 

Now City confirm the worst kept secret in world football and here we are sticking with a manager who has won just 7 of our last 21 games.

Mourinho will save United's day, and make the United - City rivalry even more intense

8 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Mfw Chicharito is Bundesliga player of the month the past 3 months in a row and here we have Fellaini as a go to scoring option when down.

lvg out you little sh!t

it's just not that easy, though. can't really have Hernandez sitting on the bench because Rooney takes 8 months to find his form. he is, as we all know, considered undroppable. so unless you change the squad formation and have Rooney playing, what, a #10 role, sitting Mata and whoever else, you're just gonna have unhappy players all over the pitch and bench. and Rooney wasn't effective in the #10 role either. so what are you gonna do?

United spent so much time trying to figure out what to do with Rooney that it wouldnt have mattered how great Chicharito was. just as it doesn't matter how great Martial's potential may be as a #9 striker, he's still being played frequently on the wing... so Rooney can have the middle.

• Upvote 1

Frack I hate lvg so much. Knew getting rid of Javier was going to be a horrible move. 

@GLASSJAW, Hernandez said he'd be happy coming off the bench but no, he didn't fit the philosophy ffs. Not even that, every few games or so you could figure out how to start him and get him a full games which would be benefit him and the team.

...missed a penalty and made lvg decide there's no room for him on the team anymore. Has twice the goals of Utds strikers too btw. 

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

Frack I hate lvg so much. Knew getting rid of Javier was going to be a horrible move. 

@GLASSJAW, Hernandez said he'd be happy coming off the bench but no, he didn't fit the philosophy ffs. Not even that, every few games or so you could figure out how to start him and get him a full games which would be benefit him and the team.

...missed a penalty and made lvg decide there's no room for him on the team anymore. Has twice the goals of Utds strikers too btw. 

yeah, but this is all hindsight and stats considered from a different league and a different atmosphere.

Chicharito was not consistent and had 9 goals in his last 40 appearances for United. i like him and i'm glad he's doing well, but i don't think we have any reason to believe that he'd be doing in England as a bench player what he's doing in Germany as a star striker.

i'm not saying the situations are exactly alike, but Diego Forlan was a top flight striker when given regular minutes in Spain, but looked inconsistent and lost at United

I have no problem with the sale of Chicharito because it makes sense BECAUSE OF ROONEY. the problem here isn't LvG or Chicharito. it's Rooney, and the precedent set by SAF long ago showing that Rooney is actually bigger than United.

• Upvote 1

Portuguese and French media or "sources" are reporting that they are 100% certain Mourinho has agreed to take over United next year, LvG will be given the opportunity to finish the year

Not sure how accurate this is, though. Links can be found on http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils

take them with a grain of salt

Edited by GLASSJAW

3 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Portuguese and French media or "sources" are reporting that they are 100% certain Mourinho has agreed to take over United next year, LvG will be given the opportunity to finish the year

Not sure how accurate this is, though. Links can be found on http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils

take them with a grain of salt

Bittersweet if true. As much as I've loved making fun of his tactics with Chelsea, I've always acknowledged and admired his geniusness.

...bottom line, if he can come in, bring in the right pieces we need, and get results, I see no problem. Will be hard even competing with City tho.