The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

13 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Mertesacker out 3-5 months

Mustafi available for 21 million

Valencia want Joel Campbell

I don't see why this can't get done.

metro and express are the sources so 1/10000000 chance it happens.

besides mustafi buy out clause is 50ish Million and  iirc he has only stated that he was delighted by real interest and he prefers the Bundesliga. Also the fact it's wenger is nuff said  :bigblush: .

On 7/22/2016 at 6:57 PM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Rojo is one of the worst signings we have ever made. Lol

This was friday so I think that is when we played BVB. So he got his ankles broke in a preseason game.  

most games he is average and for a 16milion transfer after a world cup final that's exactly what I would expect. He is definitely not even top20 worst signings we have made. Anderson, Djemba, Tosic, Bebe, Veron ect... were worst way worst. Maybe you can say worst signing LVG made but for me that's di maria. Maybe you can say of the current players but for me that is depay, shaw, or fellani. He is a ok squad player and nothing more for a mega team like man utd.

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

This was friday so I think that is when we played BVB. So he got his ankles broke in a preseason game.  

most games he is average and for a 16milion transfer after a world cup final that's exactly what I would expect. He is definitely not even top20 worst signings we have made. Anderson, Djemba, Tosic, Bebe, Veron ect... were worst way worst. Maybe you can say worst signing LVG made but for me that's di maria. Maybe you can say of the current players but for me that is depay, shaw, or fellani. He is a ok squad player and nothing more for a mega team like man utd.

Shaw worst player ???? Miles off target bud. Yes Rojo suck big time, but still not Utd's worst signing. Add Taibi, Bosnich, Kleberson, David Bellion, Lian Miller and, Zaha, to that list... and LVG's worst signing is by far Falcao...

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Shaw worst player ???? Miles off target bud. Yes Rojo suck big time, but still not Utd's worst signing. Add Taibi, Bosnich, Kleberson, David Bellion, Lian Miller and, Zaha, to that list... and LVG's worst signing is by far Falcao...

Not in terms of talent but for 30m he is a meh signing since he has only played 21games in 2seasons.  I love shaw and we are a much better team with him.  Falcao was bad but it was only a loan deal for 6million iirc. 

• Upvote 1

Pogba move should happen in the very near future.

...Juventus has been slowly isolating him out, day by day. Clubs Twitter account taking jabs at him publicly, team officials/management chipping in, and most recently (as of just rn), 

removed from the Juve away kit advertisements.

Oh, plus the fact they've been using that Pogba money (Higuain) already and will be giving Pogba's old number to Dybala :0 B) 

Edited by TheRussianRocket.
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Schweinsteiger has been ordered to empty his locker and report to the reserves. 

Such a bad signing :lol:

160k a week too. 

Yup, I mean when it happened I was excited since Schweini is one of my all time favourite players, but Bayern knew what they were doing when they sold him. 

• Upvote 1

Jese to PSG for 25M is apparently done. 

Rumour Nice is looking at dante 

Rumour Johnny Evans is being targeted by Wenger. lol I thought this was a troll job.

Rumour Jose told Bastian to look for a new club and I saw somewhere that Lahm made comments about Bastian coming back to bayern. Not a fan of the move from Bayern's prespective. Alonso, Lahm, Ribery, Robben and now Bastian are rather old and injury prone. Surely Bender or a player like that would be a better option then Bastian.  

RIP sterling career at Man city. He is going to be a rotation player at best who might get a 4-10game spell in the middle of the season cause of injuries. Sterling is the new Navas. 

Pogba saga been quieter the last few days but reports say Zlatan's jersey sales in the first week was 75million. He wasn't lying when he said his jersey sales would buy pogba lol.  

Reports state that Ter sergen wants to be #1 this season at barca and if he isn't then he wants to look for different options. Man City the presumed favorites for him.

Lucas might leave LFC.

Speaking of LFC, I know 95% of soccer/football fans love klopp and I do too but he deserves some criticism for not buying another LB like Creswell. Moreno isn't good enough and makes far to many errors when defending. Since Karius is injured  Klopp should probably look for a new gk. Mignolet starting the season would be a diaster. Tim Krul/Brad Elliot I imagine wants to go back to the EPL.

less then 2weeks till epl begins <3 

• Upvote 1