The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Great win for Utd. Cracking game. End to end.

Great goal by Rashford, although best moment in the game was Rashfords rabona cross to Pogba and his scissors kick attempt. That would taken some beating had it came off...

Celta Vigo next.... Cmon

10 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

From my Inter Milan loving cousin in Italy after my badgering him for the last two days with Juve in the final four.

18072814_421754651534964_498888635_n.jpg

Btw, I love this years kit. Getting my son the Dybala home jersey for his birthday.

Lucky kid! Hopefully, he will don it proudly on June 3rd!

CL Semis are Real vs Atletico and Monaco vs Juve

Pretty good draws for the neutral. The Madrid derby and the unstoppable force against the immovable object.

Forza Juve!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Any Real fans on this board?

I'm a Madrid fan but don't want them to win tbh. Juve for the win. Real won it last year and it would be cool to pull off a back to back but Juve have been one of the impressive teams this year in CL. they've been consistent in Serie A as well along with the other teams remaining. either way it should be one hell of a contest between these two. 

17 hours ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Rojo out with torn ACL, Ibra out with a torn ACL and PCL.....

giphy.gif

We're literally @#$$&÷# now lol. Now Blind needs to be back to being a solid center back and Martial/Rooney will have to step up in Ibra's absence. Hopefully Rojo's injury isn't that serious and he'll be back in no time. But it's making me nervous for EL as we're facing one of the best Spanish teams in Celta Vigo so it won't be easy. I believe we can easily win it but without Ibra, it's going to take some good performances by Pogba and Mkhitaryan but it's doable since we are favourites to win anyways;)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

We're literally @#$$&÷# now lol. Now Blind needs to be back to being a solid center back and Martial/Rooney will have to step up in Ibra's absence. Hopefully Rojo's injury isn't that serious and he'll be back in no time. But it's making me nervous for EL as we're facing one of the best Spanish teams in Celta Vigo so it won't be easy. I believe we can easily win it but without Ibra, it's going to take some good performances by Pogba and Mkhitaryan but it's doable since we are favourites to win anyways;)

Rojo is a much bigger loss because Rashford is good again and United was prepared to move on from Ibra anyway.  They were not prepared to lose their best defender, though.

Blind, haha.  Darmian, haha.

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Rojo is a much bigger loss because Rashford is good again and United was prepared to move on from Ibra anyway.  They were not prepared to lose their best defender, though.

Blind, haha.  Darmian, haha.

Darmian is decent. No United manager knows how to use him.

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Darmian is decent. No United manager knows how to use him.

Played well today. Great result in light of the fixture congestion... Still don't think we can make top 4, but Thursdays game will go a long way in determine it.

So far so good though. C'mon Utd.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, spook007 said:

Played well today. Great result in light of the fixture congestion... Still don't think we can make top 4, but Thursdays game will go a long way in determine it.

So far so good though. C'mon Utd.

Good result today for sure. But I really think they can get top 4 still. Liverpool lost again today and we have 2 matches in hand now. The Manchester derby is coming up this week again and I think they have a strong chance of winning this one. We lost earlier in the year at home vs City and I think the team will be hungry to redeem themselves. Didn't catch today's match but great to see Martial and Rooney hit the net again. It should instill some confidence in the both of them as they'll have to be huge if we want any shot of winning EL or getting top 4. Either way, we have a strong chance of getting into CL in both comps. Pogba and Herrera will also have to continue contributing in the scoresheet as well. Very excited to see how we do in EL more but PL is starting to be fun also

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Good result today for sure. But I really think they can get top 4 still. Liverpool lost again today and we have 2 matches in hand now. The Manchester derby is coming up this week again and I think they have a strong chance of winning this one. We lost earlier in the year at home vs City and I think the team will be hungry to redeem themselves. Didn't catch today's match but great to see Martial and Rooney hit the net again. It should instill some confidence in the both of them as they'll have to be huge if we want any shot of winning EL or getting top 4. Either way, we have a strong chance of getting into CL in both comps. Pogba and Herrera will also have to continue contributing in the scoresheet as well. Very excited to see how we do in EL more but PL is starting to be fun also

You may be right Beary, but bearing in mind we need to play citeh, gunners and spurs all away, it will be a hard task. But not impossible. Biggest problem is the injuries though. Especially Rojos is bad timing.... but yeah there's a chance we'll succeed. I'm just chuffed, we're still in with a shout. 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cup Final No. 4 in a row.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of this team! After those last two weeks to come back IN Munich and win this is just incredible! And now on to the Cup win! bvb.gif

Edit:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Edited by Lateralus91
  • Upvote 1