The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Can't wait. I'd rather it was a home and away, but I'll settle for beating them at Wembley. Again.

Was a bit worried for the Germans towards the end there, but they pulled through. Not Scotland, but the Germans are the next best thing for me.

:towel:

It's crazy how they do quite well against the English, because on paper, they suck lol

It's crazy how they do quite well against the English, because on paper, they suck lol

what are you talking about? We have some fantastic players. You will see a very different Scotland in the next world cup qualifying.

The problem is we have slipped so far down the rankings due to years of sh!te that we end up in really tough groups. No team likes coming to Glasgow I can tell you that much

Spain still the favourites to win in my opinion. They may not have looked good, and Germany has played well, but Spain is a better team far-and-away.

And Portugal to the finals. Book it.

Edited by Toasta Brigger

England playing like crap...Rooney's lost, hasn't found his touch, and the team for most of the half were lazy. Only bright spots I saw were Terry, Hart, Gerrard, and Young. Rest didn't play good enough. Gotta pop in those chances for God sake and wtf is up with slowing down the pace when we have a good shot at going up and creating an opportunity? Get it together England!

I don't think his speed is there though. He has a half a yard of acceleration, but when running at players, he's running in treacle.

Young was taken out by Tymoschuk 3/4 times - the same as France did to the Ox. It appears to work, cos he's escaped a card thus far and Young has been mainly ineffectual.

It's easy to pick on Rooney, but why is Milner even on this team?

Why was he picked after Walcott, after Walcott came on as a wonder-sub last game and basically won the game for England?

Milner has done nothing all tournament, and has proven to be a complete waste again today.

Are you kidding? Milner basically played RB against France, as Johnson kept bombing forward to no effect. Against Sweden Milner was England's only threat in the first 20-25 mins, putting in some wonderful crosses.

Tonight, he's not done much, but has won some good headers and run his socks off. I like the kid, and would keep him where he is - unless we put Jones in for Johnson, in which case we'd be able to play Walcott or the Ox.

Great time to score. Good striker's instincts from Rooney too.