The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

The Lampard goal you could easily see was over the line. Can't say with 100% certainty that this goal was across the line. They should just institute goal line technology. So silly to be debating this all the time.

But during the world cup there wasn't an official standing on the line looking RIGHT AT IT. What do those guys even do?

But during the world cup there wasn't an official standing on the line looking RIGHT AT IT. What do those guys even do?

I don't think it's clear it was a goal, which is probably why that official didn't call it. The solution to this problem is obvious, I don't understand the hold up. Maybe now UEFA/FIFA will smarten up.

unbelievable, england have been totally outplayed tonight, joe hart and shocking officials are all that is between them and a flight home tomorrow. I hope the italians are taking note of all the english excitement at the prospect of facing them on sunday

funny, not crying about goal line technology now are they?

That was justice though, cos the guy was offside. There's your swing / roundabout - so we're still owed for Lampard vs Germany :)

next phase of play

shut up about this we are owed from south africa garbage, its tiresome.

the czechs should not even have made it to the group because they cheated us at hampden.........thats football, not nice but thats the way it is

unbelievable, england have been totally outplayed tonight, joe hart and shocking officials are all that is between them and a flight home tomorrow. I hope the italians are taking note of all the english excitement at the prospect of facing them on sunday

funny, not crying about goal line technology now are they?

Is the goalie not part of the team?

next phase of play

shut up about this we are owed from south africa garbage, its tiresome.

The 'phase' doesn't matter - the goal wasn't deserved, as it would have come from an incorrect decision. So, tit for tat.

And we won a world cup thanks to the lack of goalline technology, so we'll keep well out thanks ;)

The 'phase' doesn't matter - the goal wasn't deserved, as it would have come from an incorrect decision. So, tit for tat.

And we won a world cup thanks to the lack of goalline technology, so we'll keep well out thanks ;)

I've still to watch it again, but I was under the impression the Ukranian wasn't active.

I've still to watch it again, but I was under the impression the Ukranian wasn't active.

When the long ball was played, the striker is offside. He plays a great ball inside to his teammate, who is the one with the shot. But had the lino got the call right, we wouldn't be talking about it. So it's fair to relate the two incidents, separated as they were by 2/3 seconds.

explaint that to me, why the phase doesnt matter? :lol: of course it does!

But if he wasn't active on that play then the offside should in theory be ruled out.

It's a difficult decision, but the linesman didn't call it and you'd expect the guy behind the net to spot the goal. Or at least do something. How long before they just introduce the technology? It makes no sense not to.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

But if he wasn't active on that play then the offside should in theory be ruled out.

It's a difficult decision, but the linesman didn't call it and you'd expect the guy behind the net to spot the goal. Or at least do something. How long before they just introduce the technology? It makes no sense not to.

exactly. the long ball was not intended for him and he moved half the width of the pitch to get to it