The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

11 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Dortmund on fire.

Celtic beat Rangers today as well... Again.

And Griffith wiped a bogey in the Rangers corner flag.... He better watch out :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I can't show the 2 sec sequence tweeted, as I don't know how to put a tweeted film on to these pages (technologically illiterate)

u9LK2_NsNumZ8mmj.thumb.jpg.78382e718aef5d8791a79d9061b3bb20.jpg

Watch as Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths appears to wipe his BOGIES on 

Edited by spook007

On 2017-09-23 at 8:58 AM, Toews said:

Good luck to Diego with Atleti, no hard feelings whatsoever. I am glad that he is able to go back to a place that he loves and I am glad that they got a good price for him considering the circumstances. I would have loved to have kept him especially with his chemistry with Hazard. His physicality and his grit also made him an ideal No. 9 for English football. Now that he is older his control issues on the pitch have also gotten much better. Will root for him in La Liga.

4-0 Chelsea, Morata with the hattrick, now has 6 goals in just as many appearances. I was apprehensive with the buy but he is proving himself to be clinical. The games that he hasn't scored have been ones where the service has been lacking. Now that Hazard is getting back into game shape, he should be able to play 90min so the service will get better.

Palace have lost all 6 games they have played and are yet to score a goal. Shocking start to their season.

Morata is a Champioms League killer. He destroyed Real Madrid in 2015 while playing with Juve scoring both goals to seal the victory in the semi final rounds. He is clutch in the biggest games. Just give him some service and he will produce. 

Watch this video of Morata with Juve destroying the entire Bayern Munich team running end to end to assist on a goal by Juan Cuadrado in the 2016 CL game...

• Upvote 2

Expected something like an 0-5 score the way we play lately. Was actually quite alright. With a little more luck in front of the goal and the ref making the right decision with Ramos after 5 minutes that could've gone our way, even.

Will be quite difficult to reach the Round of 16 now. We definitely have to win the home game against Tottenham by 2 goals.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, Harvey Spector said:

Morata is a Champioms League killer. He destroyed Real Madrid in 2015 while playing with Juve scoring both goals to seal the victory in the semi final rounds. He is clutch in the biggest games. Just give him some service and he will produce. 

Watch this video of Morata with Juve destroying the entire Bayern Munich team running end to end to assist on a goal by Juan Cuadrado in the 2016 CL game...

I've said it before and I will say it again. Morata is a better buy than Lukakku and its not even close

• Upvote 1

Martial, Lukaku and Mickey continue to be in fine form for the Red Devils. Great execution by the team. Flawless performance. Martial setting up Lukaku for the aerial finish up high. Then Mickey created a penalty and Martial coolly slotted it in. He, later, scored a goal of his own after Lukaku was stopped. And Lukaku finished it off with another Martial cross and poked it home. Martial was easily MOTM. Class performance by him and hope he continues to play well and stay in form. Sucks we couldn't get the clean sheet but nevertheless, nice to get another win

• Upvote 1