The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

1 hour ago, Lateralus91 said:

Yeah, you probably don't want Auba on the wing. That's not gonna work well . He's very similar to Lacazette in that regard which still makes me wonder why Arsenal is interested in him in the first place. You can play him there. But he's only half as good in that position.

I'll take your word for it.

I imagine that in this case, he'd play a little further up the pitch and slightly more central, maybe just behind Lacazette (or vice-versa)

On 22.1.2018 at 12:17 AM, Alain Vigneault said:

I'll take your word for it.

I imagine that in this case, he'd play a little further up the pitch and slightly more central, maybe just behind Lacazette (or vice-versa)

Don't know if this site is well known by Arsenal fans but the tactics blogger Lewis Ambrose has been a guest on a couple of Dortmund podcasts in the past. He wrote some stuff about Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. What to expect, how they play etc:

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/arsenal-want-aubameyang-can-offer-risky/

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/henrikh-mkhitaryan-no-normal-footballer/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Don't know if this site is well known by Arsenal fans but the tactics blogger Lewis Ambrose has been a guest on a couple of Dortmund podcasts in the past. He wrote some stuff about Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan. What to expect, how they play etc:

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/arsenal-want-aubameyang-can-offer-risky/

https://arseblog.com/2018/01/henrikh-mkhitaryan-no-normal-footballer/

These are fantastic.  I actually follow the blog on twitter but haven't had a chance to read these.  Thanks for these!

Hopefully this deal gets wrapped up soon.  I actually don't want Oli to leave but I suppose a 6 months loan, and in a WC year, might really be something to consider for him.

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Groups C and D are flaq quizzes.  I mean WTF are some of those countries lol

C1 Scotland, Albania, Israel

C2 Hungary, Greece, Finland, Estonia

C3 Slovenia, Norway, Bulgaria, Cyprus

C4 Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Lithuania

D1 Georgia, Latvia, Kazakhstan, Andorra

D2 Belarus, Luxemburg, Moldavia, San Marino

D3 Azerbaijan, Faroe Islands, Malta, Kosovo

D4 Macedonia, Armenia, Liechtenstein, Gibraltar

I think. ::D

Deal is 63.75m €.

Giroud to Chelsea, Batshuayi on loan to BVB.

Also Marc Bartra to Betis. Sad to see him go. Clearly a move away from here because he's still affected by the bus bombing. Wish him all the best. He's been a terrific addition football-wise but especially character-wise.

Furthermore we signed Sergio Gómez from Barca's youth team. Don't know anything about him but seems he was one of Barca's best academy players. Barca fans seem quite unpleased he's leaving.

Edited by Lateralus91

5 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Deal is 63.75m €.

Giroud to Chelsea, Batshuayi on loan to BVB.

Also Marc Bartra to Betis. Sad to see him go. Clearly a move away from here because he's still affected by the bus bombing. Wish him all the best. He's been a terrific addition football-wise but especially character-wise.

Furthermore we signed Sergio Gómez from Barca's youth team. Don't know anything about him but seems he was one of Barca's best academy players. Barca fans seem quite unpleased he's leaving.

In turn, Barcelona signed Marcus McGuane from Arsenal, who didn't look too bad in his Europa league appearances.

Full circle window we've had.

I'm not a tactical wizard but I'll describe burnley's tactics as go to hockey moves, tons of pressure, good forward and back check, good transition game. Don't think City are still very good at facing a team like that and with injuries, def not. They were able to grind out a draw. good on them. 

Sterling's miss is bad but not the end of the world.

A much needed break now, and then back at winning again. Hopefully.

On February 5, 2018 at 5:54 PM, ReggieBush said:

Chelsea fans are deluded if they think they should sack Conte. How many top class managers are you going to go through before you figure out its the boards fault. If Conte does get fired, it sets up a nice return to la nazionale.

I'd love him back at the national team but I think his heart is set at being a club coach for the time being.

He's been a long rumoured target of Inter and you'd have to think they would consider making a move for him, especially since Spalletti hasn't been getting great results lately.  If that were to happen, it would probably make Spalletti the first choice for the FIGC, so who knows?

Edited by Alain Vigneault

It should be 4-0 Juve. Spurs have had some chances but the fact that there was no call on Chiellini which lead to the goal is absolutely horrible. He was kicked in the ankle! Couple that with 2 horrid Higuain misses and Spurs are in a game they have no business being in.