The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I'm willing to give Unai Emery more than two games against the former champs and another formidable team in Chelsea.

The team, tactically, looks much improved and I really feel both games last season would have ended as 5-0 for both City and Chelsea.

We have 8 games now where we can conceivably pick up 20 from 24 points, if not the whole 24, if we really play to our potential.

I think making the top 4 would be fortuitous but we're definitely favourites to do well in the Europa and in some domestic competitions.

COYG

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Germany. Matchday 1. Opening match. Bayern 1-1 Hoffenheim. 80th minute. This happened:

Ref thought that was a penalty. VAR didn't think that decision was worth looking at.

German refereeing in a nutshell.

Not a foul imo. Ribery with a smart play to take advantage of idiotic defending

3 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Dortmund looked good yesterday.

Defensively still lacking but played some good stuff going forward.

Witsel probably transfer of the year if he keeps that up. Paco Alcácer will be loaned out today or tomorrow with an option to buy. Curious to see what he can do up front for us. Used to be my go to guy in Football Manager back when I was playing.

Reiss Nelson to Hoffenheim is an interesting one.  Praying it's just a loan deal but if it's a permanent one, he follows in the footsteps of Sancho, Lookman, and Oxford to name a few who have gone to Germany and left the EPL.

• 1 month later...

Der Speigel was apparently able to obtain legal and medical documents pertaining to an alleged sexual assault committed by Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Other news outlets reporting this story are citing this as the source. The tweet is part of a longer thread skimming some of the details of the case. Mayorga and Ronaldo's lawyers initally reached a $375 000 settlement with a NDA included:

Edited by Brad Marchand

On 1.10.2018 at 5:52 AM, Brad Marchand said:

Der Speigel was apparently able to obtain legal and medical documents pertaining to an alleged sexual assault committed by Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Other news outlets reporting this story are citing this as the source. The tweet is part of a longer thread skimming some of the details of the case. Mayorga and Ronaldo's lawyers initally reached a $375 000 settlement with a NDA included:

Nevada police has already re-opened the investigations in this case.

11 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Dortmund game was fantastic at the weekend by the way.

A total disregard for the concept of defense, but brilliantly entertaining.

Last 30 minutes were a little bit of a Klopp-era revival. Sancho this season with 1 goal and 5 assists in 124 minutes. Paco with 3 goals in 50 minutes. Insane. Curious to see what they can do in 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Yaaaaassss!!! What a finish.

Dortmund is bouncing :lol:

I was lucky enough to be part of the Südtribüne today. What a day.

Paco with 6 goals in just 83 minutes of playing time in the Bundesliga.

6 goals.

And the best part is, we have a 26m € option included in that deal. I would pay thrice that and still consider that a good deal.

giphy.gif

• Cheers 1