The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I just have a sneaky feeling for the French tonight, dont know why, there is no evidence to suggest that they will

I won't lie, I nearly put $10 on France last night. I have a feeling also, and the odds are stacked against them. Nice little return.

But then I was reading about the rumoured internal arguments/conflict after the Sweden loss, and I decided against it. Spain is too good. Remember what happened the last time France blew up? World Cup wasn't too pretty for them.

I won't lie, I nearly put $10 on France last night. I have a feeling also, and the odds are stacked against them. Nice little return.

But then I was reading about the rumoured internal arguments/conflict after the Sweden loss, and I decided against it. Spain is too good. Remember what happened the last time France blew up? World Cup wasn't too pretty for them.

I would not put it past Blanc to have fabricated these rumours of internal fighting, he is a very clever man.

I see Spain have gone back to the formation they started with against Italy in the 1-1 game, with no striker.......interesting that, when you have a striker (Torres) who is such a player of confidence, he scores 2 in his last game and is dropped, I dont get that, but then again, who am I to question Vincente Del Bosque??? He has a fairly decent record :lol:

so, is Ribery French for "over-dribbling ball-hog"? I think the French could've at least had more chances to win if Franck was willing to pass instead of beating four guys by himself off the dribble (and if Malouda covered Alonso that 1st goal could've been avoided). Being a Spain and Barca fan though I'm happy to see how they did today in being so precise and unselfish in their passing, plus opportunistic. I'm also guessing that the game would've been over sooner if Torres started and gave the midfielders a target up front and someone to ease their advances by pressuring and pushing the French D back.

Happy with the result though :)

Thought Keano was spot on last night when talking about Balotelli, saying "he will either score the winner or get sent off, there is no in between with him" lets hope its the former and Keano's prediction is right.

I think it wil be penalties, England are unchanged from the Ukraine game so this has 0-0 written all over it........

3 for 3 so far, correctly predicting Spain, Portugal and Germany to move on.

LET'S GO, ENGLAND

They weren't really the most difficult predictions, were they? :lol:

Greeks and Czech's are poor teams, and France haven't been good the whole tournament.

Can't wait for the England game...winning today is going to be somewhat a challenge, but if we pull that off and somehow beat Germany, I'll praise the soccer Gods for a whole day :P

Thought you were a Portugal fan?

3 for 3 so far, correctly predicting Spain, Portugal and Germany to move on.

LET'S GO, ENGLAND

Genius! Think a bet on that little treble would have been as profitable as an each way punt on Black Caviar at Ascot yesterday (1-6) :lol: