The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Kagawa should be an instant hit at United.

Never really liked them but I'll pay attention to their games because of him.

Really? Just because of a midget Japanese midfielder who's yet to play top-level football? I don't think he's cut out for the Prem myself, and that Fergie has made an Anderson-esque mistake.

Terry in court today..........another debarcle for football. Even if he is found guilty, nothing will happen to him (within football) this pr!ck is untouchable

another chant in celebration of "JT"

Viva John Terry

Viva John Terry

Could have won the cup

But he f**ked it up

Viva John Terry

The Bundespiga is hardly the Prem. Much slower, more technical, easier for a little guy to get involved in games.

AVB is a good manager, but a terrible appointment for Spurs, they have shown their hand this summer - content with 4th is the message I get from the looks of their moves so far. Shame.

The Bundespiga is hardly the Prem. Much slower, more technical, easier for a little guy to get involved in games.

AVB is a good manager, but a terrible appointment for Spurs, they have shown their hand this summer - content with 4th is the message I get from the looks of their moves so far. Shame.

True, but I think he'll cope just fine.

At least you got Sigurdsson :P

True, but I think he'll cope just fine.

At least you got Sigurdsson :P

No I didn't - I'm a West Brom fan :lol:

Just surrounded by the "Yid Army" all day. My father-in-law is a Spurs fan and he's seriously depressed at the current situation. I feel sorry for him.

I think Podolski will shine at Arsenal. I think Giroud will be the new Jeffers/Chamakh. Kagawa will take time to settle, but with Fletcher out and Giggs/Scholes so old, will they ease him in gently or rush him like Anderson?

Glad those Rangers turncoats were denied international clearance. But only cos none of them signed for us :lol:

Rangers will be playing in the third division next season.

No they won't. Some team calling themselves Rangers will, but 'Rangers' as we know it are dead. I'm very glad about that too.

Let's hope Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs et al can give Celtic at least three months of competition...

Quick question guys.

I'm going over to Germany at some point to watch Borussia Dortmund, but I'm not sure whether to watch them in Munich in the DFL SuperCup (sitting in the Dortmund end) or to see a game in Dortmund itself. If I go to Munich I get 4 days in Germany but if I see a Bundesliga game in Dortmund I only get two or three... I'm torn. Thoughts?

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Quick question guys.

I'm going over to Germany at some point to watch Borussia Dortmund, but I'm not sure whether to watch them in Munich in the DFL SuperCup (sitting in the Dortmund end) or to see a game in Dortmund itself. If I go to Munich I get 4 days in Germany but if I see a Bundesliga game in Dortmund I only get two or three... I'm torn. Thoughts?

I would go with Munich, its an awesome city, plus you maximize time in Germany which once your there you will want to do. It was my favorite country when i traveled Europe.(No offence, scotland was awesome too)

Better yet, don't go to Germany. I hate the place, have no love for it's people, and it's expensive!

Lies. Germany is my favourite country in Europe.

The people can be a little reserved, but if you're willing to at least try to speak the language and make a little effort with them they're fine. Everywhere in Europe is expensive now anyway.

I think (if my brother can get Sunday the 12th off work) we'll probably go to Munich, see the game on the Sunday night and then head for Frankfurt between Tuesday and Thursday since I've been to Munich already. Still have to see Dachau and stuff though so there are still things to do.

Belgium is superior in every single category you can think of bar two things:

1. football

2. women

And as a married West Brom fan, I have no real interest in either :lol:

Regardless of my opinion, any trip abroad is a good trip. Except Slovakia, which is boring and has rubbish beer.

Saw the LFC vs TFC on Saturday.

Raheem Stirling was by far the best player. Aquilani looked decent in the first half. TFC's keeper wasn't too shabby either(Not Frei or Hall)

Many of us came to see Gerrard, G. Johnson, Borini, and heck, even Carroll (even if they were subs) but I'll settle for an average MLS team versus Charlie Adam, the reserves, and youth academy.