The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Liverpool may have sent Big Andy on a season long loan deal worth two million to West Ham with an option to buy for 17 million at the end. I'm not to upset with this seeing as how Big Andy isn't the right man for the system that B.R wants the team to play.

Terrible game of football.

Shocker of a game, the goal was worthy of the game.......

Looks like similar problems for the Dons this season, we are not going to score enough goals. Vernon is rubbish. I like the new boys and I like the set up, we looked much more competitive than last season but Pa Broon has to get us a goal scorer, he has got 2 wide players now that look useful both in defence and in attack, Celtic's full backs got no change out of them going forward, but Vernon is just not up to it. Stating the obvious, but we need a new keeper too, neither Clanger Langfield or Jason Brown are good enough.

Overall, happy with the start, fancied us to take a point before the game but Celtic were there for the taking so to come away with nothing is very disappointing.

Was not impressed with Celtics support, very quiet, and lots of empty seats, 5 minutes from the end the place was empty, like the old days when we used to go there and 10 minutes from the end all the home fans left, only change from then is, we were normally so far in front back then :lol: Great performance from the travelling support, none stop singing and getting behind the boys, good to see and hear, loved the banner that the stewards quickly removed "YOUR SILENCE WAS DEAFENING"

and one last gripe (promise), why did we have to wait over 5 minutes for Celtic to come out when we had formed a guard of honour? Typical Celtic under Lennon, no class.

Keep this up and sign a striker and we will compfortably finish 2nd.

COME ON YOU REDS!!! STAND FREE!!!!!

Shocker of a game, the goal was worthy of the game.......

Looks like similar problems for the Dons this season, we are not going to score enough goals. Vernon is rubbish. I like the new boys and I like the set up, we looked much more competitive than last season but Pa Broon has to get us a goal scorer, he has got 2 wide players now that look useful both in defence and in attack, Celtic's full backs got no change out of them going forward, but Vernon is just not up to it. Stating the obvious, but we need a new keeper too, neither Clanger Langfield or Jason Brown are good enough.

Overall, happy with the start, fancied us to take a point before the game but Celtic were there for the taking so to come away with nothing is very disappointing.

Was not impressed with Celtics support, very quiet, and lots of empty seats, 5 minutes from the end the place was empty, like the old days when we used to go there and 10 minutes from the end all the home fans left, only change from then is, we were normally so far in front back then :lol: Great performance from the travelling support, none stop singing and getting behind the boys, good to see and hear, loved the banner that the stewards quickly removed "YOUR SILENCE WAS DEAFENING"

and one last gripe (promise), why did we have to wait over 5 minutes for Celtic to come out when we had formed a guard of honour? Typical Celtic under Lennon, no class.

Keep this up and sign a striker and we will compfortably finish 2nd.

COME ON YOU REDS!!! STAND FREE!!!!!

It was a pretty pathetic attendance.

Some people only turn up when it suits them. For the "big games". Add in the fact that it was on Sky TV, a lunchtime kickoff, and the criminally high prices for a poor product.

It was a pretty pathetic attendance.

Some people only turn up when it suits them. For the "big games". Add in the fact that it was on Sky TV, a lunchtime kickoff, and the criminally high prices for a poor product.

Its your biggest game of the season now ;-) and considering the championship flag was unveiled, I expected better. How much are your tickets?

Its your biggest game of the season now ;-) and considering the championship flag was unveiled, I expected better. How much are your tickets?

On average - almost £30. I think £26 is the cheapest.

When you compare it to Canucks prices I guess it isn't so bad, but at least then you're getting to watch the best players in the world. Drop it to around £20 average and I could see more people going. Of course, that won't happen this season because season tickets have already been sold. They also haven't refunded the extra money on season tickets that was paid for the Old Firm games.

Another thing is lack of investment in the team this year. Not a single new face. They're taking a real gamble by waiting to see if we qualify for the CL group stages and there will be outrage if they don't at least progress to the next qualification round. We've been crying out for a CB and target man for years.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

How are "The Rainjurs" able to afford all these signings?

I mean, they're obviously being paid quite a bit. And more importantly, why do they feel they need them for the THIRD division? Something tells me there's some sort of league restructuring plan in place that'll give them a free pass next season.

Holy crap! An away win...

We are terrible though. Also, I apparently enjoy talking to myself.

its like that in my house......nightly!!! anyways, congrats on the win, as they say, a win is a win is a win.

I watched United/Barca decent kick around, Kagawa played 2nd half and looks a player.

Apparently Van Persie will be a United player by the weekend.

Moura is off to PSG in January in a deal that including wages, transfer fee and agent fees will cost them over 90 million £ We were never going to sign him I dont think

England are up to third in the world rankings.... what the f....?

FIFA is an embarrassment. What a joke. I'm English myself and would put them around 12th/13th. Mental.

I think it's disgusting that Newco FC are allowed to register players in this window. Shutting them out for 12 months won't hurt them now that they've stocked up at every position. Scottish football has been made a laughing stock by the Newco.

Good solid wins for Celtic over HJK. If Strachan was in charge still that would have been two losses :lol:

Also, HJK is real easy to type :)

Gutted Albion signed Rosenberg. Means we're selling Simon Cox to Forest. Coxy is a really good, determined player, which I don't believe Rosenberg to be.

FIFA is an embarrassment. What a joke. I'm English myself and would put them around 12th/13th. Mental.

I think it's disgusting that Newco FC are allowed to register players in this window. Shutting them out for 12 months won't hurt them now that they've stocked up at every position. Scottish football has been made a laughing stock by the Newco.

Good solid wins for Celtic over HJK. If Strachan was in charge still that would have been two losses :lol:

Also, HJK is real easy to type :)

Gutted Albion signed Rosenberg. Means we're selling Simon Cox to Forest. Coxy is a really good, determined player, which I don't believe Rosenberg to be.

I'd put England around 10-12.

I wanted Rosenberg at Celtic a while ago. Thought he would be decent for us, but not sure if he'll do well in the PL. And yeah, by the look of it Sevco are reverting back to their old ways of spending more than they take in.