The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Israel and Italy... God damn it!

Sorry bout that :lol:

I once did a 35-team accumulator, £1 stake for a £4,500 win - and my only chicken up was Portugal throwing away a 2-0 lead to Kazakhstan/Azerbaijan :(

Poor result for Scotland today. Levein needs to swallow his ego and make peace with Fletcher.

Sorry bout that :lol:

I once did a 35-team accumulator, £1 stake for a £4,500 win - and my only chicken up was Portugal throwing away a 2-0 lead to Kazakhstan/Azerbaijan :(

Poor result for Scotland today. Levein needs to swallow his ego and make peace with Fletcher.

I've had so many accumulator losses because of one team. Arsenal are always my coupon killers so I just stopped betting on them altogether.

Levein's a moron. We won't qualify with that muppet in charge.

On a lighter note, got my Benfica ticket through today. Bought the three game package so I'll be off to all the home games ::D High up in the upper tier but I'm just glad to be going.

It was just me here, and with our hammering at Fulham, I thought silence was the best option :lol:

Celtic were even worse on Saturday though. Truly awful. I think Scottish football allround is having a tough time of it.

Yeah. Disgraceful. Play like that on Wednesday and we'll get a hammering.

The players obviously think they'll walk the SPL (which they should, but they shouldn't be taking anything for granted), so Lennon better do his job and get them motivated. Injuries are piling up too though.

Looking forward to the Dortmund game tomorrow night. Hopefully a win. Anything less and I think they'll struggle to qualify.

Also, come on Newcastle. Stuck a tenner on them to win tonight at 5-1. Thought they were decent odds.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

Fantastic result at the Bernabeu last night. I hate Mancini so him losing like that felt like Christmas :)

Dortmund arevery lucky to still have Lewandowski. When United were after him I thought he'd do a job for them - but they signed RvP and no-one seemed to remember this Polish hotshot. I'd love him at Albion!

Disappointed in last night at the lack of chances created. In saying that, I thought we showed more intent to get forward. Benfica played for the draw.

The atmosphere was dampened a little by the nature of the game, but I've never heard anything as loud as when the CL anthem was played before in a football game. Was incredible. None of the videos/ TV feeds do it justice.

Nice to see Soton get their first win back in the Premiership. Villa were dreadful today. They look like a team in danger of being dropped if they continue with that type of display.

Can't wait for Reds v. Man U tomorrow. Go Reds!

Solid win for the Hoops today, too. it's weird seeing Motherwell and Hibs ahead in the table, though!

My three year old son, a West Brom fan, has been telling everyone we meet that "we're gonna win the league" :lol:

Good win for the Saints yesterday, very happy for their fans. And I still can't believe that Stevie Fletcher has even one Premier League goal, never mind 4 already this season!

Hoping that Liverpool stuff United today. That would really get to the minority of United fans who sing those stupid songs.

Too bad that Reds couldn't come up with a win today on an emotional day. Fans were absolved of all charges in the Hillsborough tragedy.

Again, though, Liverpool found themselves down a man early. I think both Shelvey and Evans should have been booked, not ejected, and play should have continued. Both players were wreckless, neither, in my opinion, deserved a red card. Nice goal by Cap'n Stevie to open, but, a poor decision by Johnson late to set up a gimme penalty for Man Poo was the difference. Reina got a touch, too. Damn. Rafael's goal was a gem.

Liverpool dominated and came away with nothing. Again. Sign a striker at the mid-season window, perhaps?

Edited by Hugemanskost