The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Thought the referee was pretty pathetic in the Liverpool - Man Utd game.

Double standards.

Man U had 12 men on pitch just wondering why one had whistle with him

Dreadful refereeing, yet another big game ruined by the man in black :(

:frantic: ALWAYS THE VICTIM, ITS NEVER YOUR FAULT :frantic:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your posts don't dignify a response. Silly blind fool :picard: Think before you post

Yeah that's really not funny bruv :picard:

maybe if you actually understand whats going on and whats meant by the "always the victim" chant rather than get on the anti man united media bandwaggon and get off the scouse love in thats been going on the last little while, you would "get it" .

why did the Juventus banner "WHERES OUR JUSTICE" get removed at chelsea last week?

We have had to put up with Munich chants, banners, paper planes, inflatable planes, idiots doing plane genstures, banners "celebrating Munich" for years and get no apology, no nothing. I have seen these with my own eyes and heard the filth with my own ears at grounds all over the country. The people who died at Hillsborough are poor innocent victims that were treated appaulingly by the authorities as have their families since and I support any action that they take now and any justice that they get, I hope the police responsible on the day are sent away for the rest of their lives. I have never bought the Sun as a mark of respect and observe any minutes silence that is held in honour of the victims. I have been to dozens of United/Liverpool games, including yesterday and have never EVER heard one United fan sing about Hillsborough and if there had been, they would have been removed instantly.

Understand history, understand the rivalry before you go having a go at me

Great day at Klanfield, United fans were outstanding, wonder what the hacks will have to moan about tomorrow............

Man U had no business taking 3 points on Sunday, topbananas. They were completely outplayed and outclassed. Man U will not be Champions, or anything close to it, if they continue to play the way they have so far this season.

Reds and their "hacks" have every right to moan about this one.

Man U had no business taking 3 points on Sunday, topbananas. They were completely outplayed and outclassed. Man U will not be Champions, or anything close to it, if they continue to play the way they have so far this season.

Reds and their "hacks" have every right to moan about this one.

I agree, we were very very lucky to win, no arguements there but to blame the referee is just stupid. As even Lawrenson (ex Liverpool player and still a red scouse) said on MOTD 2 last night, the ref got all the major decisions correct.

United will win the league though, have no worries about that. We havent even got close to putting our first 11 out yet and there will be 2 major additions in January and you can quote me on that. The sign of champions is to play that bad at your toughest away trip and win.

I agree, we were very very lucky to win, no arguements there but to blame the referee is just stupid. As even Lawrenson (ex Liverpool player and still a red scouse) said on MOTD 2 last night, the ref got all the major decisions correct.

United will win the league though, have no worries about that. We havent even got close to putting our first 11 out yet and there will be 2 major additions in January and you can quote me on that. The sign of champions is to play that bad at your toughest away trip and win.

I agree that you can't blame the ref for the loss, topbanana. I do, however, think that Shelvey's red was harsh considering that Evans went in just as hard with 2 feet as Jonjo did. A yellow for both or a good "talking to" might have been more in order. A red for one was extreme, IMO.

As for United being Champions, obviously, you can never count them and Sir Alex out, but, I'm not sure you'll ever see this squad at full strength this season. And I have to say, the back 4 look poor with the exception of Evra, who may be the best left back in world footy. DeGea is weak, too, but he is young. He's certainly looked no worse than Pepe, so far!

I hope Reds rebound during the "soft" part of their schedule. They need to score some goals to get some confidence and no one, not even Suarez, looks capable. I would have liked to have seen young Carroll in the middle of the 4-3-3 that Rogers is employing right now. Obviously, he wasn't a favorite of BR's, though. I can't count how many Red's crosses have gone through the box without a challenge this year. It would also be nice to have 11 men on the pitch more often! ::D

The fact that United were so worried by the behaviour of some of their fans that Fergie had to write a letter BEGGING them to behave really says all that needs to be said.

An eye for an eye because of Munich? Why not be aloof to that? Not stoop to their level? I lived in Liverpool between 1987-1993, went to over a hundred games, and not once heard a sound about Munich. Not even at the United games I saw.

Recent problems have been caused by Suarez / Dalglish. One's rubbish, the other gone. Be aloof from that, show you're better than them. But this 'always the victim' thing just simply wasn't funny.

And that's no judgement of you, just of the 50-100 United fans that have been behind thus idiocy. If Albion had fans like that, they would categorically be banned for life. No question.

And the ref did cost them the game. Evans' tackle was the worse one (if Shelvey had stayed down rather than getting up, he'd not have walked). And if that's a penalty, then John Terry isn't a racist.

Liverpool puts up a fiver against Norwich! Suarez is certainly an enigma. I wish that the Reds played the Canaries every match. That's 6 for Suarez in the past 2 at Carrow Road. 66-34 possession in favor of Liverpool. They sure have held the ball well this year, they're just not scoring.

I'm at the point with Skertl where I'd rather see Coates playing. Skertl is a liability. Lucky his blunder today didn't cost any points. Speaking of liabilities, Reina is looking pretty ordinary this year, as well. I hope he picks up his play.

Nice handball by Ba to squeak a point from Reading... 23 year drought at Old Trafford broken by Spurs (Man U certainly don't look to have a Championship side this year, so far.)... Great first match of the day at the Emirates. Looks like Torres is in fine form without Drogba around!... Albion can tie Chelsea at the top against Villa tomorrow... Hoops had a dominating win at Motherwell, too. They deserved more than 2 goals today.

Go 'Caps tonight!

Villa - Albion match was a bit of a plodder. 2nd half was OK. Would have been nice to see Albion at the top with Chelsea.

I totally agree about Saturdays, Scottish! I watched footy all day, too, except I had to get up at 5am to watch the Gunners - Blues match and my late day match was Whitecaps v. Sounders... pretty entertaining 0-0 tussle.

Thanks. For a while it looked like it was going to turn into a typical CL away game. But we were great (thanks in part to the sending off, but meh ::D )

I missed the sending off but its about time Scottish teams got a break.......

Must be fairly confident of at least finishing 3rd in the group now