The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Europe is quaking in its boots :lol:

I seen Lemon interviewed after the game and he said the result was a miricle, the only miricle is that little prick still has a job

It was an excellent result for us considering the ridiculous number of injuries the squad has at the moment. I'd say there's a pretty decent chance we could qualify from that group. We need things to go our way in both games next matchday though.

That dodgy penalty decision at the end of the Udinese game better not decide who goes through...

It was an excellent result for us considering the ridiculous number of injuries the squad has at the moment. I'd say there's a pretty decent chance we could qualify from that group. We need things to go our way in both games next matchday though.

That dodgy penalty decision at the end of the Udinese

game better not decide who goes through...

If it is a dodgy decision that knocks you out, you can't complain, you should not be there in the first place. So in this case, I hope 2 wrongs make a right!!!

If it is a dodgy decision that knocks you out, you can't complain, you should not be there in the first place. So in this case, I hope 2 wrongs make a right!!!

Yeah, I guess :lol:

Why do you want Celtic out of Europe though? Us progressing would only help Scotland's dismal co-efficient. As an Aberdeen fan all of your hate should be reserved for the huns ;)

Yeah, I guess :lol:

Why do you want Celtic out of Europe though? Us progressing would only help Scotland's dismal co-efficient. As an Aberdeen fan all of your hate should be reserved for the huns ;)

ha ha, will make no difference to Aberdeen if Scottish clubs won all the European trophies for the next 10 years while Milne owns the club!!! Not sure it helps the national team either does it?

Fear not, I hate the Huns (almost) as much as the Tims, there are a few reasons that I despise Celtic slightly more than Rangers:

A) My Dad is Govan born and raised and him and his brothers followed Rangers all over the place, he was heartbroken my brother in law got to me first and took me to Pittodrie in 1978 for my first game (vs Airdrie)

B) I'm not proud to say it but during the late 80s and early 90s I was an active member of the ASC and let's just say, I didn't have as much "fun" at Parkhead as I did at Ibrox.....even less at Easter Road but that's another story!!!!

C) Some of the songs that (some of the) Celtic "fans" make me sick. I'm not going to get into that whole sectarian debate, both sides are as bad as each other, but in my experience, it's always been more evident/vocal from the Celtic side of things.

D) Neil Lennon

E) Neil Lennon

F) Neil Lennon

G) Frank McGarvey

C) Some of the songs that (some of the) Celtic "fans" make me sick. I'm not going to get into that whole sectarian debate, both sides are as bad as each other, but in my experience, it's always been more evident/vocal from the Celtic side of things.

I'll admit that our fanbase has it's fair share of idiots. Celtic have generally stamped out "sectarianism" within their support though. I'm sure there are a few exceptions, but you'll rarely hear sectarian comments at Celtic Park these days. There's still a problem with political songs, particularly among the away support. I don't think songs about the IRA belong in football, despite the fact that the majority of them are celebrating the original Irish Republican Army and their actions during the Irish War of independence. I don't like those songs being sung at a football match, but I don't have a huge problem with them. A lot of people compare them with "Flower of Scotland". So i can see the point. I still tend to avoid joining in with them though.

There have been a few occasions where there have been people singing about the PIRA recently though. Which is just embarrassing and I know a lot of people aren't happy about it within our support. Especially when we play Hearts. Everything seems to descend into chaos every time we visit Tynecastle.

Although I am a Stockport County fan I do quite like believe it or not Celtic AND Aberdeen, Rangers are the only team I can't stomach, I've always liked Celtic for the simple reason is they were the team I picked on FIFA 2005 as my starter team and just sorta stood by them, Aberdeen were my elected 'Scottish Team' without being patronising, like I imagine you lot may have English teams you like more than others but living in Stockport, which if you don't know is just a few miles down the road from Manchester, I saw first hand what the Rangers fans did in Manchester and it was disgusting so I've always hated them and I once got attacked by some Rangers fans for being Catholic.......can you believe some people can be so bigoted!!

See those "misunderstood" Celtic fans have shamed their club again.......

I bet you my life savings (which is next to nothing, but that doesn't matter :lol: ) that absolutely nothing will come of this investigation. I've heard the song in question is "Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army". What, we're being sectarian towards ourselves now?

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

I bet you my life savings (which is next to nothing, but that doesn't matter :lol: ) that absolutely nothing will come of this investigation. I've heard the song in question is "Paddy McCourt's Fenian Army". What, we're being sectarian towards ourselves now?

According to the reports I've seen and heard, the songs in question were pro IRA songs and at the hearts game, it was a bunch of decent Celtic fans that reported it. I have heard these songs myself and they disgust me. Anyone caught singing them should be jailed, no question. Will never happen though, from my experience at Celtic park, the stewards join in and the polis look the other way and become deaf and dumb all of a sudden. This is, as previously said, the main reason I hate this club.