The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I love deadline day.

Tonight I'm just going to stay in with a beer watching Sky Sports News. Can't wait.

What's deadline day like in the UK, Scottish? Is it bonkers in countries like Spain, Italy, Germany, France, too?

I wonder if it compares to trade deadline or July 1st in the NHL? Both national sports channels here in Canada devote day-long programs to both days.

What's deadline day like in the UK, Scottish? Is it bonkers in countries like Spain, Italy, Germany, France, too?

I wonder if it compares to trade deadline or July 1st in the NHL? Both national sports channels here in Canada devote day-long programs to both days.

It's comparable to the trade deadline and July 1st. Sky Sports has coverage of all the transfers for the whole day. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love sitting back and watching it.

Also, I'm just going to say it. Celtic are going to beat Juventus. I can feel it ::D

It's comparable to the trade deadline and July 1st. Sky Sports has coverage of all the transfers for the whole day. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I love sitting back and watching it.

Also, I'm just going to say it. Celtic are going to beat Juventus. I can feel it ::D

Do you have ducats, dude? I would Sooooooooooo love to be at Celtic Park on the 12th! Brings back memories of the 2001 match v Juve, eh?

Juventus are not the team they once were but, there are still a formidable foe. They will attack Hoops relentlessly and, I believe, Hoops defense and counter attack may be enough tactically to pull out a 2-1 home win. No away goals for Juve, and obviously, a couple of goals in a home win would be the bomb.

Go, Hoops!

• 2 weeks later...

Biggest game in years and I can't get a ticket, because season ticket holders have either given them to their mates who haven't been anywhere near the place all year, or are selling them online for ridiculous amounts of money.

Oh well, pub it is. Come on you Bhoys in green!

Always wondered, if a guy in a rivals sweater walked in a pub and started cheering, would you guys chase em off?

Or is that a myth?

Always wondered, if a guy in a rivals sweater walked in a pub and started cheering, would you guys chase em off?

Or is that a myth?

no myth, it just would not happen.........unless you have something seriously wrong with you, in the head I mean

they are not sweaters by the way, they are called shirts or tops here

Or is that a myth?

Depends on the pub. It wouldn't happen though. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

So disappointed. Mainly because I thought we were the better team for 80 minutes of the game. Harsh.

Also, Lichsteiner got away with murder. Repeatedly.

Depends on the pub. It wouldn't happen though. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

So disappointed. Mainly because I thought we were the better team for 80 minutes of the game. Harsh.

Also, Lichsteiner got away with murder. Repeatedly.

sorry pal, pardon the pun but it was men against bhoys.....classic away performance from an Italian team, its exactly what I was afraid might happen. as for the carrying on at the corners, as long as its the same for both teams, Im ok with it. Instead of rolling around and complaining about it, Celtic should have given it back, then if the ref blows for a foul to Juventus, there is a cause for complaint.

The Ambrose decision backfired big time and Scott Brown was shown up for what he is too, other than that, I agree, Celtic were the better team but I cannot remember one save that Buffon made of any note, like I said, classic Italians, they have been doing it for years........

ok, celtic need to let this go now, official complaint and dossier sent to UEFA......Lennon could turn in to Neil Warnock over this and it is embarrassing, pathetic

I think we all know it's not why they lost the game.

I do think they have a right to question why nothing was given though. Plant Hooper in front of Buffon again in Turin and see if the referee continues to let it go, even after the publicity it's been getting.

I absolutely love the F.A. Cup!

Arsenal done in by Championship club Blackburn Rovers was awesome! It was hilarious to see Wenger throw on Wilshere, Walcott and Corzola in panic to try to salvage a draw. No trophies, again, for Gunners. Could this be the last chapter in Wenger's Arsenal career? Could still win the Champions league, I guess? :lol:

Oldham owns Merseyside this campaign. Knocked out Reds last round and score a literal last-second-of-stoppage goal today against Everton to earn a draw and get a needed payday from revenues at Goodison next week.

Tomorrow, I say... Go, Leeds (v. City)! Go Huddersfield (v. Wigan)!

Edited by Hugemanskost

Even though Oldham beat Liverpool in the last round I can't be mad at them. Hometown team taking on the Premiership, it's brilliant. The last minute goal to tie it into a replay was awesome. Hope they go all the way, especially with all the money troubles at the club, it'd help them financially the deeper they go into the competition.

This was posted on their changing room door today:

285223_10151420285504294_1143871228_n.jpg

I LOVE it when Blues lose, but I hate it almost as much when City wins.

Poor Captain Frank had a chance to change the game, after the Ba dive, with the penalty. Would have been his 200th goal for the club. No dice! Bahahaha! Great save by the much maligned Joe Hart. Mancini was still ripping him in his post game interview saying he has to be better. Is Mancini's time up?

Tevez' goal was a sweet strike, but, not as sweet as Rafael's in the ManU game yesterday.

It's hard being a gooner. I'd like to see Jurgen Klopp in charge when Arsene leaves (eventually) since Pep is going to Bayern next year.

Speaking of Bayern, interesting to see whether Arsenal will play another soft performance or properly bounce back. No Gervinho Arsene, please.

Why Klopp should go to Arsenal?Dortmund has the stronger team right now.

Why Klopp should go to Arsenal?Dortmund has the stronger team right now.

I'm merely fantasizing. In regards to the unlikeliness of Klopp leaving in the near future, I also don't seem the board letting Wenger go. If anything, the board and Kroenke/Gazidis are more to blame than Wenger for their lack of ambition in the transfer market and overall strength of Arsenal.

North London Derby coming up. I'm nervous.