The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I say we will give 'em a good go at least. I expect we will need at least 1 point out of it.

Scotland drop to 63 on Fifa ranking (generous, but Croatia and Skopje help) and Canada goes to all time low of 106 after super rich nations in the Americas like Haiti (78) and Cuba (84).

I'm in on the CDC fantasy pool. I may be a few weeks behind but I'll make up time. ;)

Floro starting out 0-1-1 against 151st ranked nation according to Fifa... excellent!

It's embarrasing but the results at this point are almost irrelevant. It's really about Floro learning what he has over the next couple of years so that he can build towards WC qualifying. At this point I'd take a respectable Gold Cup run ...

My grandparents are from the Netherlands, so that's who I grew up cheering for. Of course I cheer for Canada, but I keep my expectations realistic.

Well I am stuck with the unfortunate lineage to have my family from Arbroath and Gairloch in Scotland and Hemel Hempstead, Puckeridge, and Stalybridge in England and Sligo in Ireland. I started to cheer for Scotland and have no interest to cheer for England, or Ireland. I just can't and wouldn't choose another national team, even though I joke about it.

It's embarrasing but the results at this point are almost irrelevant. It's really about Floro learning what he has over the next couple of years so that he can build towards WC qualifying. At this point I'd take a respectable Gold Cup run ...

The results are also somewhat misleading under Colin Miller too. He played guys that should never play at the national team level and the results show. With Floro it was nothing more than a training camp with friendlies I do agree.

I really only pull for the Canadian national team. My family is from Estonia but I couldn't tell you anything about their national squad. I also have family ties to Scotland but not enough to really make me invested.

So ... all of my eggs are in that Canadian basket. This is what chronic disapointment feels like.

Very unlucky result for Celtic.. deserved a point AT LEAST.

We should have taken our chances.The first goal was so unlucky and I can't fault Milan for it obviously, but then Balotelli swings an elbow at Brown, goes down mysteriously clutching his own face and gets a free kick that leads to the second goal.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck

We should have taken our chances.The first goal was so unlucky and I can't fault Milan for it obviously, but then Balotelli swings an elbow at Brown, goes down mysteriously clutching his own face and gets a free kick that leads to the second goal.

Yeah, that first goal was such a heart breaker, I am not too fond of either Celtic or Milan but man that was a tough tough break, that shot was going well wide.