The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

I miss Sky Sports, got it on now.

I don't blame Defoe, though isn't he always injured? I seldom follow the MLS, find the game too slow.

Apparently Borini has turned down QPR.

It's because it is.

It's tolerable until all the European leagues start because then you realize how shitty the MLS is.

And, I can see why he turned it down lol.

So there are some extensions. The Premier League should tell them too bad, so sad. The clubs have had all summer to do a deal yet they leave it to the last minute. It's like them students at school who hand in work late "sorry miss ... my printer ran out of ink!". :rolleyes:

Edited by moz

10382168_1151914978182050_15689921764638

Pretty much. Crapload of options up front, but no room for VP and zero depth beyond left back. Rooney will finally get a chance to play the role he's best at... assuming van Gaal doesn't do something stupid. But so far he keeps playing young, crappy defenders and midfielders and they've accomplished a LOT less than what they're capable of. When Tyler Blackett was the best player against Burnley, you know something's up.

Micah Richards is on a season long loan to Fiorentina,I hope he gets lots of game time and stays injury free. He has been with the club the longest of the current players and I wish nothing but the best for him. One of the players who seemed to always be in an upbeat mood, making jokes. Going to miss him.

Negredo has also gone on a season long loan to Valencia, again sad to see him go he had a great first half of last season.

I don't think either will be back in a city shirt again.

City have also agreed to Huws' transfer to Wigan Athletic.

Pretty much. Crapload of options up front, but no room for VP and zero depth beyond left back. Rooney will finally get a chance to play the role he's best at... assuming van Gaal doesn't do something stupid. But so far he keeps playing young, crappy defenders and midfielders and they've accomplished a LOT less than what they're capable of. When Tyler Blackett was the best player against Burnley, you know something's up.

What do you think this is?

Rooney's best position is as centre striker, but RvP, when healthy, is arguably better. Although I think Rooney had his best seasons in that position, and he was pretty great.

When Rooney plays to the left of a centre striker (like he is for England), he just is not all that effective, and playing him in the number 10 slot (playmaking/supporting/attacking midfield) is also not all that great, especially when there's Mata available, and isn't Mata supposed to be a great player for that role? isn't that what he was brought in for?

The weird thing about today's dealing with Falcao is that Rooney now seems to be the odd one out, as a healthy RvP and Falcao should probably take precedence as centre striker, so Rooney will be played out of position, again, where he'll be sorta clumsy and Kesler-like with his shot attempts and lack of good passing and control

regardless of what's going to happen with united's attack, i think one thing is for sure: someone is going to be either unhappy on the bench, or played out of position. and when rooney doesn't get played in his position, he starts crying--as rooney likes to do

I've been debating this with my United friend and he thinks Juan Mata is going to be the odd man out. Tragically for them, Rooney is quite past his prime and can't play striker anymore. He is simply not agile or clinical enough to keep up with the likes of DM and Yanuzaj. I think you're wrong about Rooney not excelling at 10, because it's the position he's been best at and probably the only place left for him to really play well. I Do NOT think VP will be consistently healthy this year, which would make things easier.

RVP - Falcao

Rooney

Di Maria - Blind - Mata

Shaw - Rojo - Jones - Valencia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only conceivable formation style I can think of where no "big" player is on the bench. Swap in Herrera for one of Mata or Di Maria every once in a while. Maybe toss Fellaini in there every now and then.

I agree, in fact, after these past few performances, only Di Maria and the deadline day signings should be considered favourable locks for the next game. That was just more of a scenario where all of those five guys could play.

The best thing, IMO, would be to keep one or two of those 5 guys(well 4 since the captain would probably have an issue) on the bench and then every game, have them come in. Imagine having a fresh Falcao or Mata coming on with 35 or so minutes when opposing players are just starting to get tired.

United's weak at the back and in the defensive part of the midfield but they have got one of the best attacks with the signings they've made. Maybe the best thing at this point is to just try and outscore the opposition?