The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Yikes.. Germany gets a great goal from Kroos and then gives one up at 90+3 to lose some win points.

Though, more entertainingly, Serbia vs. Albania in the toilet of Europe (Balkans). Some troll with a drone brings an Albanian flag over and onto the pitch in Belgrade (Serbia home team), a Serb player brings it down and pulls the flag off, Albanian players get pissed and start attacking Serb players. Serb reserves come off the bench and go after the Albanian players, flares and a couple fans get on the pitch, game has to be suspended.

Whoever thought of putting these two teams in the same group -- genius!

Edited by Mr. Ambien

I saw some reports that the drone was sent out by the albanian president's brother.

I'm proud of how Kolarov handled the situation though.

Yeah, when CNN takes time from scaring people about ebola (and their usual 24/7 disaster coverage) to report on football, you know it's bad.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Yeah, when CNN takes time from scaring people about ebola (and their usual 24/7 disaster coverage) to report on football, you know it's bad.

holy I didn't know that, but yeah that's bad when cnn take time to mention this.

a vid of the action. I some media called it a brawl...it doesn't look like that to me (not enough punches thrown), though it is chaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDs5mwNRY7U

Kolarov #11 in red (serbia)

We need some major changes, but Del Bosque doesn't like changing anything. Our style needs to be played fast and we don't. We have very good and young players, but he is afraid of sending Iniesta, Busquets, Piqué... to the bench. Big pressure is on Casillas. People want DB out but media, he is a former Real Madrid coach, got his back. He has become a terrible manager. Thank god he played De Gea today, Casillas is not good anymore. De Gea should have played in Brazil.

Del Bosque with Spain reminds me a lot of Wenger at Arsenal, terrific manager in his day but his day has gone. I was surprised he was retained after the World Cup. Seems to me that Spain have been well and truly sussed out and need to change their style of play accordingly. Doesn't seem to be a "plan B" with them. f Del Bosque did get the tin tack, who would be the next manager? Do Spain promote from within, like the U21s coach or something?

All the stories in Manchester just now is that Mata will leave in January in a swap with Roma for Strootman or Juventus for Vidal. Huge mistake in my opinion, we are a far better side when Mata plays. I wouldn't mind Strootman, not keen on Vidal but neither at the expense of Mata

De Gea has just agreed a 5 years £135,000 a week extension :-)

Also talk of Cech going to Real in January too....makes sense that one, can see that happening

Edited by topbananas

Del Bosque with Spain reminds me a lot of Wenger at Arsenal, terrific manager in his day but his day has gone. I was surprised he was retained after the World Cup. Seems to me that Spain have been well and truly sussed out and need to change their style of play accordingly. Doesn't seem to be a "plan B" with them. f Del Bosque did get the tin tack, who would be the next manager? Do Spain promote from within, like the U21s coach or something?

All the stories in Manchester just now is that Mata will leave in January in a swap with Roma for Strootman or Juventus for Vidal. Huge mistake in my opinion, we are a far better side when Mata plays. I wouldn't mind Strootman, not keen on Vidal but neither at the expense of Mata

De Gea has just agreed a 5 years £135,000 a week extension :-)

Also talk of Cech going to Real in January too....makes sense that one, can see that happening

The federation wants to keep the coach and the style, crazy. Our U21s coach is even worse, they lost this week and won't compete in 2016 olympics.

De Gea is great, altough I expected him to be even greater at his age. Cech could come to Atletico, no Real, RM has enough goalie controversy for now haha

The federation wants to keep the coach and the style, crazy. Our U21s coach is even worse, they lost this week and won't compete in 2016 olympics.

De Gea is great, altough I expected him to be even greater at his age. Cech could come to Atletico, no Real, RM has enough goalie controversy for now haha

must admit De Gea is a year or so behind where I thought he would be in his development but he has plenty time....delighted he is committed to United.

Confirmed that Del Bosque will stand down after the Euro's. Pep next? haha.....I read he is making noises about the United job again, he will be an old man by the time Giggsy retires ;-)

I wouldn't get too worried about Cech going to Real, he is no better than Casillas

must admit De Gea is a year or so behind where I thought he would be in his development but he has plenty time....delighted he is committed to United.

Confirmed that Del Bosque will stand down after the Euro's. Pep next? haha.....I read he is making noises about the United job again, he will be an old man by the time Giggsy retires ;-)

I wouldn't get too worried about Cech going to Real, he is no better than Casillas

Pep would be the perfect fit if they wanna keep the style, altought I am not sure that is what we need. But Pep is independentist, not sure he want to coach for the spanish national team haha

Funny thing from De Gea is, when they 2 were Atleti prospects, Joel was expected to be a lot better than him. De Gea was sold to an english team, but he wanted to stay and the deal couldnt be finished.

Yikes.. Germany gets a great goal from Kroos and then gives one up at 90+3 to lose some win points.

And Germany gets the same fracked up defensive tactics like always. There are guys called defensive midfielders on the pitch who think that defense is completely unnecessary in stoppage time while leading 1-0. Absolutely ridiculous.

It was the same in the world cup and it has been the same for the last 5 years, astonishing that we still managed to win the world cup. But yeah, that was because of the incredible individual performances of some players (defensively especially Hummels, Boateng, Lahm and Neuer) and the fact, that Schweinsteiger is actually playing defensively if necessary. The world cup was imo not Löws achievement

And Pep as spanish coach? This guy is a workaholic, i don't think that this would be sufficient for him. And he hasn't won the CL yet with Bayern ;)

Edited by DennisK-Meson