The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Koeman won manager of the month, he is doing a great job there. Proper football club, well run with a great academy.

Just won the player (Pelle) too, well deserved

Yeah, I wasn't really expecting this after all the changes in the off season. Pelle's a monster.

Wow Saints really took it to Sunderland. 8-0, crazy scoreline.

or that, the winning goal was one of the most spectacular own goals certainly in Premiership history, the defender followed the play, hopped on a loose ball and ripped a beauty past his own keeper

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter

couple of things that made me giggle this week, Liverpool's kit manufactures for next season are New Balance, Slippy G must be delighted about that.

Man City are offering a buy one get one free deal on tickets for their home Champions League game against CSKA. That's embarrassing.....and they are currently building an extension on the Emptyhad so they will have even more empty seats. It'll look good on for their financial fair play records though I'm sure

Bayern putting on a clinic against the second best team in Italy...

Yeah I've noticed it's a clinic of who wants to score. Shaquiri subs and immediately scores. :lol:

And to think Bayern was withholding Lewandowski from Bundesliga games to make sure he was rested for this..

Ribery missed an easy 8-1 goal... I'll be satisfied with 7-1 though.

Roma gets the benefit of going to Germany to play Bayern again in a few weeks. Must be looking forward to it. :lol:

Will be an interesting week though for Bayern players to start November. They play Dortmund in Bundesliga (always a challenge, and beat them either in the DE Supercup or in their first season meeting) then Roma.

Liverpool / Real Madrid tomorrow.. thankfully not on SNET World so I can record it.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

Man Utd are a pleasure to watch and there transfer rumours are really out there. There are reports that they are looking to get Gerard Pique from Barca and another central midfielder. The January transfer window will be interesting for Utd. Potentially they may let Mata go and Pique, Ronaldo, and Dani Alves may come to Old Trafford. Also did anyone see Fellaini's goal?

Man Utd are a pleasure to watch and there transfer rumours are really out there. There are reports that they are looking to get Gerard Pique from Barca and another central midfielder. The January transfer window will be interesting for Utd. Potentially they may let Mata go and Pique, Ronaldo, and Dani Alves may come to Old Trafford. Also did anyone see Fellaini's goal?

Fellaini's goal was a peach, he is very capable of that, needs to take his chance now and play like that when selected.

I think the thing with Pique is he was quoted in the summer saying that he loves Man United and has great respect for Van Gaal so the media have seen this, our need for defenders is obvious and linked the two. Pique is good but not sure he is what we need. We need someone who is going to take control, be vocal and be a leader at the back. Not sure Pique is that player, he is very quiet. It is supposed to be a done deal with Alves, his agent was out in Manchester with Van Gaal and Woodward last week and his agent is supposed to have told a few local reporters that they have signed a pre contract agreement with United.

No way Ronaldo can come home yet, his buyout clause is 1 billion Euros, wouldn't be surprised if we get Bale though with Januzaj going the other way

Fellaini's goal was a peach, he is very capable of that, needs to take his chance now and play like that when selected.

I think the thing with Pique is he was quoted in the summer saying that he loves Man United and has great respect for Van Gaal so the media have seen this, our need for defenders is obvious and linked the two. Pique is good but not sure he is what we need. We need someone who is going to take control, be vocal and be a leader at the back. Not sure Pique is that player, he is very quiet. It is supposed to be a done deal with Alves, his agent was out in Manchester with Van Gaal and Woodward last week and his agent is supposed to have told a few local reporters that they have signed a pre contract agreement with United.

No way Ronaldo can come home yet, his buyout clause is 1 billion Euros, wouldn't be surprised if we get Bale though with Januzaj going the other way

I'm thinking that if they can't get Ronaldo to come in January they should look at acquiring Reus. Dortmund has been in a free fall since Lewandowski and Götze left. Potentially Hummels and Reus may be available. Reus himself stated if we are playing in the Champions League, next year he will come.

Right now they line up as:

DDG

Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw

Fellaini

Herrera-Blind

Di Maria

Rooney-Falcao

And RVP, Mata, Januzaj, Carrick on the bench.

One player I would want Utd to bring back home would be Paul Pogba but that is a silk to no chance.

I'm thinking that if they can't get Ronaldo to come in January they should look at acquiring Reus. Dortmund has been in a free fall since Lewandowski and Götze left. Potentially Hummels and Reus may be available. Reus himself stated if we are playing in the Champions League, next year he will come.

Right now they line up as:

DDG

Rafael-Jones-Rojo-Shaw

Fellaini

Herrera-Blind

Di Maria

Rooney-Falcao

And RVP, Mata, Januzaj, Carrick on the bench.

One player I would want Utd to bring back home would be Paul Pogba but that is a silk to no chance.

Reus is going to either Real or Liverpool; and regardless of that, the last thing this team needs it to blow a majority of it's transfer budget on another offensively-styled midfielder. IMHO, we need to sell Rafael, and bring in someone who can be a rock on the back line. We could find a Spanish side to pay a pretty penny for the speedy RB, and we could use that to go after someone like Hummels or Matip from Schalke. I was really hoping we went after Mangala when he was linked to us from Porto, but alas we loaded up on more offensive players when we so clearly needed defensive help.

couple of things that made me giggle this week, Liverpool's kit manufactures for next season are New Balance, Slippy G must be delighted about that.

Man City are offering a buy one get one free deal on tickets for their home Champions League game against CSKA. That's embarrassing.....and they are currently building an extension on the Emptyhad so they will have even more empty seats. It'll look good on for their financial fair play records though I'm sure

Actually, I think it's in response to complaints about high ticket prices this season. It is also my understanding that it is a direct result of FFP that prices have gone up so much this season as the club need to increase revenue in any way possible in order to meet FFP guidelines. As this plan is extended to all tickets purchased including those in cup schemes it means that many people can bring someone who may not have been able to afford to go to the match.

Regarding the expansion, many of those seats are going to have season tickets that are priced lower than or equal to the lowest price for season tickets now. In fact there is a waiting list for season tickets right now.

Also I think bogo is a better way to fill a stadium than this:

zjz7mf.jpg

Edited by otherwise

Actually, I think it's in response to complaints about high ticket prices this season. It is also my understanding that it is a direct result of FFP that prices have gone up so much this season as the club need to increase revenue in any way possible in order to meet FFP guidelines. As this plan is extended to all tickets purchased including those in cup schemes it means that many people can bring someone who may not have been able to afford to go to the match.

Regarding the expansion, many of those seats are going to have season tickets that are priced lower than or equal to the lowest price for season tickets now. In fact there is a waiting list for season tickets right now.

Also I think bogo is a better way to fill a stadium than this:

zjz7mf.jpg

That message is sent out only if you agree at the start of the season for the automatic opt in of European games. That ticket holder obviously did then didn't pay for his Olympiacos ticket.

Dress it up anyway you like but City's support is woeful for such a "massive club"

Reus is going to either Real or Liverpool; and regardless of that, the last thing this team needs it to blow a majority of it's transfer budget on another offensively-styled midfielder. IMHO, we need to sell Rafael, and bring in someone who can be a rock on the back line. We could find a Spanish side to pay a pretty penny for the speedy RB, and we could use that to go after someone like Hummels or Matip from Schalke. I was really hoping we went after Mangala when he was linked to us from Porto, but alas we loaded up on more offensive players when we so clearly needed defensive help.

now that is funny