The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

So the Messi to Chelsea rumors pick up day by day. For the first time ever, the thought of Messi actually leaving is somewhat real lol

Chelsea's changed their sponsor to Turkish Airlines. Their two main sponsors are Adidas and Turkish Airlines. Messi is part of both. He did the commercial with Drogba, and he did the Fifa 15 commercial with Hazard.

Messi hates the financial situation. He's blaming his father and apparently he and his wife want to move away from him. Tax issues that have resulted in fines, etc. Messi on remaining at Barca - he wants to stay "but somethings don't work out as you planned."

Fabregas and Messi are best friends. Messi brought Fabregas to Barca, now Fabregas is publicly trying to bring him. Their wives are best friends.

Barcelona right now is just not what it was a few years back.

Jose is the God of football.

Adidas would pay a lot of the transfer to bring him here.

But then again, I'm a biased Chelsea homer. Mourinho said there's no chance today only because of FFP.

So the Messi to Chelsea rumors pick up day by day. For the first time ever, the thought of Messi actually leaving is somewhat real lol

Chelsea's changed their sponsor to Turkish Airlines. Their two main sponsors are Adidas and Turkish Airlines. Messi is part of both. He did the commercial with Drogba, and he did the Fifa 15 commercial with Hazard.

Messi hates the financial situation. He's blaming his father and apparently he and his wife want to move away from him. Tax issues that have resulted in fines, etc. Messi on remaining at Barca - he wants to stay "but somethings don't work out as you planned."

Fabregas and Messi are best friends. Messi brought Fabregas to Barca, now Fabregas is publicly trying to bring him. Their wives are best friends.

Barcelona right now is just not what it was a few years back.

Jose is the God of football.

Adidas would pay a lot of the transfer to bring him here.

But then again, I'm a biased Chelsea homer. Mourinho said there's no chance today only because of FFP.

Is Lionel's release clause still 250 million Euros as rumoured?

Not quite Ronaldo's 1 billion but still not feasible under FFP regulated football.

Is Lionel's release clause still 250 million Euros as rumoured?

Not quite Ronaldo's 1 billion but still not feasible under FFP regulated football.

Agreed - but if Messi wants to leave, and Chelsea is his destination of choice, a deal will get done. Players etc can be used to offset the FFP if I'm not mistaken. Given what Barc. Is asking though, I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

Agreed - but if Messi wants to leave, and Chelsea is his destination of choice, a deal will get done. Players etc can be used to offset the FFP if I'm not mistaken. Given what Barc. Is asking though, I'm not sure it'd be worth it.

Messi in means Costa back to Spain I guess?

Messi in means Costa back to Spain I guess?

Doubt it would be Costa - probably something crazier involving our younger talent (like Eden for example, though I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to leave, and we'd be nuts to let him go).

Doubt it would be Costa - probably something crazier involving our younger talent (like Eden for example, though I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to leave, and we'd be nuts to let him go).

Oscar? The midfield without him doesn't look great and he just signed a big deal with the club.

Oscar? The midfield without him doesn't look great and he just signed a big deal with the club.

I'd do Oscar plus a hefty transfer fee in a second. Still have Willian, Fabergas, and Hazard with the addition of Messi and Matic still to hold the midfield.

I think they'd ask for Hazard plus a large transfer. I wouldn't be willing to make that move.

Edit: this is all conjecture of course. There's a rumour that Adidas could get involved to facilitate a move? Not sure how that'd work, or how legal their absorption of fees/penalties is.

The FFP is new territory for me.

Edited by IdioticRight

How long until Willian runs out of chances?

He defends well and affords Ivanovic some time to move up the pitch but is completely ineffective in the final 1/3rd.

Schurrle has been the better player all year and IMO should be in the starting XI.

No other top tier club relies so heavily on one side of the pitch to generate scoring opportunities. Hazard is world class but can't be expected to do it all every match day.

Was so ???? mad today, Mourinho's post game sums up my general feels

I don't get the Willian hate he gets. He helps facilitate our play style. I don't think Schurrle is better. Maybe on a smaller team, yes. He just doesn't fit well over the full course of 90 minutes. People also love to take a crap on Luis, but Luis is excellent IMO. He comes forward and has good communication with Hazard.

Again, more rumors of Salah being loaned to Besiktas. Possibly Moses coming back. I still think that Reus would be a wonderful add, but I think he wants to go to Real. Problem is, there's no space for him. He's not bumping any of James, Ronaldo, Benzema, or Bale no ???? way lol

I'd like to see us bring in a central midfielder. One that can slot in as a DM, but really offer us an attacking threat. Selling Ramires for a good amount, bringing in Strootman right out of United hands is my pipe dream outside of Reus. Having a main midfield four of Oscar/Fabregas/Strootman/Matic would be great because we'd be able to use one of them off of the bench, or not miss a beat through injuries.

Thank God City blew it btw

Edited by Tom Sestito