The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Agree with Scottish Canuck. I also enjoy Dortmund because they're just fun to watch playing at their breakneck pace. Watching them do a number on teams like Madrid a couple of years ago was great.

They also have an underdog aspect to them after losing players like Sahin (immediately after he won top player in the league,) Kagawa, Barrios, Gotze, and Lewandowski who were all key contributors before being moved. They've relatively successfully been able to develop very good players, even when they've brought them in from somewhere else: Gundogan, Reus, Hummels etc...

I hope they keep it going

To all the other BPL fans/watchers: how long do you guys think LvG is going to last in Manchester. He has made questionable transfers, lineup decisions and used a bad formation. As a United fan I've hated watching the team go through this in the last 2 years.

Anyone see Celtic's schedule this month? Gave me a good laugh.

Edited by 87Crosby

To all the other BPL fans/watchers: how long do you guys think LvG is going to last in Manchester. He has made questionable transfers, lineup decisions and used a bad formation. As a United fan I've hated watching the team go through this in the last 2 years.

Anyone see Celtic's schedule this month? Gave me a good laugh.

Honestly I have no clue why he was a longer leash than what Moyes was given..

LvG has made some questionable decisions and hasn't really utilized his players as well as he could have. To Manchester United fans, if LvG were to be sacked at the end of the season, who would you want to replace him?

None atm. There's no manager I can think of that can replace LVG and not be a massive risk. I mean Ancelotti perhaps - seems like the only reasonable guy but even him, there's not much light at the end of the tunnel.

LVG and his "philosophy" clearly doesn't work in the EPL. He's wasting everyone's time really and has to shake things up some how in some way. If Pep is available in the Summer I'd offer the world for him. Sure he'd need to spend to get the right format for his liking but hey at least it would get the team challenging. And fricken LVG spending $150 mill and doing crap with it is useless anyways so why not :lol:

On the flip side if he was sacked that'd even set as back more. New manager, new transfer targets and the entire thing. I mean LVG has been getting the results to a certain extent. We are top 4 but disregarding the results the play on the pitch is concerning and frustrating. But I think it's more we fans (me included) need patience. This is a rebuild job after all. It's not done in 9 months so generally we should give him more time....as hard as that was to say!!!...

On the flip side if he was sacked that'd even set as back more. New manager, new transfer targets and the entire thing. I mean LVG has been getting the results to a certain extent. We are top 4 but disregarding the results the play on the pitch is concerning and frustrating. But I think it's more we fans (me included) need patience. This is a rebuild job after all. It's not done in 9 months so generally we should give him more time....as hard as that was to say!!!...

You'll have to be a little more patient, then. The post-Fergie era has been failed experiment after failed experiment. I'll give Kagawa and even VP a pass (since they were Fergie signings), but just endless hyped names... Fellaini, Mata, Cleverley, and now the new boys Di Maria getting heat for that red card and Falcao playing with kids... You guys are like the LA Lakers!

Don't think LVG will be sacked, however if the panic sets in, who knows. Not so sure about the top 4 neither. We are all over the shop defensively, and turning into Wimbledon... Need a proper r/b + a commanding c/b. Expect Fellaini, Mata, Falcao to lead the exodus + a fair few defenders...IF they can find any takers. Unfortunately it looks likely that De Gea will be heading out as well. No wonder he can be bothered hanging around. LVG looks clueless...

Edited by spook007

Every time Casillas has a bad game De Gea moves closer to Real Madrid.

It is my opinion that Ancelotti will be sacked if Real do not win La Liga, especially so with this run of form.

I think the fact De Gea still haven't signed a long term deal at Utd suggests he has been blinded by the bright lights of Madrid. With the way utd are playing just now, it's hardly surprising...

Casillas won't go on for ever, and the move could be his ticket to become Spain no.1...

My dream:

LvG is sacked after we finish 4th.

We hire Pep or Ancelotti.

Sell AdM and return Falcao

Get some real game breakers

Ronaldo comes back

Hummels signs

De Gea signs an extension

Januzaj starts to reach his potential

We sign Pogba

Sign a RB like Clyne or keep Rafael

Sell the useless junk we brought in (Fellaini, Mata, etc.)

And than:

De Gea

Rafael/Clyne-Hummels-Rojo-Shaw

Blind-Pogba-Herrera

Ronaldo-Rooney-Januzaj

...and than I woke up.

• Upvote 2

My dream:

LvG is sacked after we finish 4th.

We hire Pep or Ancelotti.

Sell AdM and return Falcao

Get some real game breakers

Ronaldo comes back

Hummels signs

De Gea signs an extension

Januzaj starts to reach his potential

We sign Pogba

Sign a RB like Clyne or keep Rafael

Sell the useless junk we brought in (Fellaini, Mata, etc.)

And than:

De Gea

Rafael/Clyne-Hummels-Rojo-Shaw

Blind-Pogba-Herrera

Ronaldo-Rooney-Januzaj

...and than I woke up.

Hahaha lol +1

• Upvote 1

LVG will be sacked if De Gea's gone. He's saved our ass countless times and it's because of him we are even in the top 4. Without him, LVG would've been gone by now tbh.

And only way I see LVG sacked is if we finish out of the top 5 and Ancelotti/Pep are available right then for us to hire. If not, unfortunately we'll have see more of this...

And damn, controversial call by the ref

• Upvote 1