The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

can an organization offer a contract to another manager if that manager is under contract?

if Blanc gets sacked after this season, could PSG offer Wenger a contract, for example, even though I believe he's still contracted at Arsenal for next year?

Yeah, but in Wenger's case Arsenal would have to agree to release him and they would no doubt ask for hefty compensation.

Yeah, but in Wenger's case Arsenal would have to agree to release him and they would no doubt ask for hefty compensation.

I'm pretty sure Al-Khelafi is not too concerned with money.

Think there's any chance of this happening? It seems like such a logical move to me. Wenger isn't really improving Arsenal, and PSG aren't exactly living up to expectation. If Arsenal wants to move on from Wenger, PSG seems like a perfect move for Wenger -- go home and end on a high note.

LvG has made some questionable decisions and hasn't really utilized his players as well as he could have. To Manchester United fans, if LvG were to be sacked at the end of the season, who would you want to replace him?

No manager can make silver into gold. United have far too many gaps on the field to fill, IMO. Any person who expected a top two finish from United this season was totally oblivious, I think.

They are four or five players away from being a world class team, but you could probably say that about a lot of fringe clubs, so who knows.

Utd to break the bank for Thiago Silva. What a leader at the back...

And yes De Gea has saved LVG's ass several times this season. Without him we would be in the middle of the league...

More like fighting off relegation

I'm a United fan, and tbh our team is mediocre. We even overachieved the last year we won the title. Fergie was always good at getting the best out of his players. We don't have any good defenders, no box to box midfielder like Pogba (we used to have him, still cri), and RVP and Falcao can't finish if their lives depended on it this year. The only good thing we have going for us this year is De Gea. I'd be happily surprised if we could hold onto our CL spot but i doubt it will happen. LVG is not a good manager at all. His tactics don't work with this team. He needs to find positioning that will fit his players and not stick them into positions they don't normally play. He is just really stubborn. This offseason is crucial for United. We need to make big moves to sign 2 good CB's and a good holding midfielder that can provide our strikers with the ball so Rooney can play up front and not drop so far back into midfield to get it himself. Bringing back Pogba would be my dream but i think he will either stay at Juve or sign with PSG this offseason. If LVG gets sacked, I think he will if we don't qualify for Europe, I wish we could somehow bring Klopp to United.

Edited by Malkin Cookies

More like fighting off relegation

I wouldn't be that dramatic.

LvG has earned his walking papers, lots of ODD signings... Falcao? Di Maria? We already had Rooney, Mata, Welbeck, RVP, and good youngsters in Januzaj and Wilson.

Neglected to fix our biggest issues, but instead added to an area of strength which didn't need adding to.

Plus he's an arrogant **** and I cringe every time I hear him talk.

On top of that, he's essentially driven De Gea out of town with the lack of support he recieves (from transfers and just generally) from the incompete sack of water that occupies the managierial role.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the topic of the PSG v. Chelsea game today, I'm glad to see that PSG won. They were the better team, they worked harder for it, and overcame just a shockingly bad red to Ibra.

Ref was a joke, but it somewhat went both ways, although it did favour Chelsea a little.

Let's play a game. Who would you sell and who would you keep on Man Utd. I've done mine in the order I'd keep/sell

Keep:

De Gea

Rooney

Carrick

Januzaj

Young

Shaw

Wilson

Herrera

Rojo

Blind

Sell:

Falcao(hope to god he can be returned)

Di Maria

Valencia

Rafael

Evans

Jones

RVP

Players on the fence/prospects:

Mata

Fellaini

McNair

Blackett

Let's play a game. Who would you sell and who would you keep on Man Utd. I've done mine in the order I'd keep/sell

Keep:

De Gea

Rooney

Carrick

Januzaj

Young

Shaw

Wilson

Herrera

Rojo

Blind

Mata

McNair

Blackett

Lindgard

Periera

Rafael

Jones

Sell:

Falcao(hope to god he can be returned)

Di Maria

Valencia

Evans

RVP

Fellaini

Victor Valdes

Would also like to have the De Brunye signing come to fruition and would love to have Alexsader Dragovic in the Summer window. We need some big name CB/FBs, someone from BVB (Sokratis, Hummels, Piszezck) would be ideal. We're apparently looking at Southhampton RB Nathaniel Clyne, but this just seems like another depth move when we really need a top flight first team quality transfer.

Would also like to have the De Brunye signing come to fruition and would love to have Alexsader Dragovic in the Summer window. We need some big name CB/FBs, someone from BVB (Sokratis, Hummels, Piszezck) would be ideal. We're apparently looking at Southhampton RB Nathaniel Clyne, but this just seems like another depth move when we really need a top flight first team quality transfer.

Thing is Clyne looks World Class compared to Rafael and Valencia at RB

87Crosby.. You forgot Smalling on your for sale list. Could also add Mata and Fellaini to the sell list. Mata is a good player, but unless they use a system that suits him, he is wasted at Utd. And Fellaini... unless we want to continue like Wimbledon, he is toast..