The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Fuk! Portugal lost....they were easily the better team but 1 fluke goal by Gomez...Ronaldo played a beast game!

Were you watching the same game? Portugal were dreadful, so defensive, and Ronaldo was yet again very poor in a big game. Germany were comfortable all game long!

Were you watching the same game? Portugal were dreadful, so defensive, and Ronaldo was yet again very poor in a big game. Germany were comfortable all game long!

What were you watching?

Seems like Ronaldo was the only person to show up on Portugal. He set up a few beauty chances but his teammates couldn't bury the chances.

Fuk! Portugal lost....they were easily the better team but 1 fluke goal by Gomez...dw, I believe in Ronaldo and Portugal..Ronaldo played a beast game! Too bad his teammates couldn't finish when he gave them wide open looks.

Yea, umm WTF were you watching? Germany were outplaying Portugal the whole game.

Boateng was MOTM in my opinion, he shut Ronaldo down really well.

Yea, umm WTF were you watching? Germany were outplaying Portugal the whole game.

Boateng was MOTM in my opinion, he shut Ronaldo down really well.

Absolutely agree, he was a stud to say the least. Ronaldo started off slow, but picked it up (as did the whole Portugal squad) after the German goal.

Fuk! Portugal lost....they were easily the better team but 1 fluke goal by Gomez...dw, I believe in Ronaldo and Portugal..Ronaldo played a beast game! Too bad his teammates couldn't finish when he gave them wide open looks.

cant say I agree with that. Germany were not that great either but they always start slow.

My prediction now for this group:

Germany will beat Denmark and Holland will beat Portugul, the Dutch will draw with Germany and Portugal will beat Denmark so the Dutch get through in second place.

Predictions:

Italy 1 - 1 Spain

Llorente 31'

Cassano 52'

Ireland 1 - 0 Croatia

Long 84'

-------------------------

C'mon Italia! We need this game! Must win!

Looks like Torres is starting so I wouldn't count on Llorente opening the scoring.

I'd start Llorente over Torres if I were Del Bosque.

Looks like Torres is starting so I wouldn't count on Llorente opening the scoring.

I'd start Llorente over Torres if I were Del Bosque.

I thought they were both starting? I guess I'm wrong.

Either way though, I'd rather just have Spain shutout altogether,

I'll take the tie anyday of the week.

Disappointed in Balotelli. His theatricals were not funny and his one chance to truly shut everybody up, he decides he wants to be a team oriented player and set up Cassano.

De Rossi had a hell of a match but MOTM should be Xavi or Iniesta.