The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

If it wasn't for Rezek, the diving, cheating Czech a**hole (excuse my language), we'd be in the playoff spot now.

Same old story.

Scotland will get there next time when there are 24 teams instead of 16.

Hoping at least Croatia and Ireland get through the playoffs, don't want to see Turkey don't really care about the others.

If it wasn't for Rezek, the diving, cheating Czech a**hole (excuse my language), we'd be in the playoff spot now.

Same old story.

what i dont get is how he escaped a ban, he played and scored twice last night!!! whats that saying about cheats never prosper? thought we played well last night though, cant wait to see Spain and Germany at the Euros in the summer, 2 great teams to watch.

Our world cup qualifying group is not as tough as some would think,

Croatia

Serbia

Belgium

Scotland

Macedonia

Wales

For once we dont have a Spain/Holland/Italy in our group and we dont have a San Marino/Faroe Islands/Liechtenstein either and that I think will help us

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!!

• Upvote 1

what i dont get is how he escaped a ban, he played and scored twice last night!!! whats that saying about cheats never prosper? thought we played well last night though, cant wait to see Spain and Germany at the Euros in the summer, 2 great teams to watch.

Our world cup qualifying group is not as tough as some would think,

Croatia

Serbia

Belgium

Scotland

Macedonia

Wales

For once we dont have a Spain/Holland/Italy in our group and we dont have a San Marino/Faroe Islands/Liechtenstein either and that I think will help us

COME ON SCOTLAND!!!!!

I think we can beat all of those teams at Hampden. Not so confident away. Belgium might be trickier than we think too.

I think we can beat all of those teams at Hampden. Not so confident away. Belgium might be trickier than we think too.

I dont think there is a group as strong in depth as this one, which, like I said, will work in our favour. You are Scottish, you know what I mean :lol: The so called bottom 4 in this group are all starting to turn it around, I dont think either of the top 2 will come out of this group and that is unheard of in international seedings........Scotland and Belguim from group A for me.

The away games may be a concern like you say, but CL seems to have found a way to play away now, I really really like Craig McSmith up there away from home, will be interesting to see what happens when Kenny comes back, dare he play them BOTH?!?!?!?!?! Goodwillie is going to be one of those typically frustrating Scots, all the talent in the world, big, strong and cocky but just has that something missing, I hope he finds it becasue if he does, we are spoiled up top, I just think the Blackburn move is a bad one for him, Mack Smith did the right thing, moving to upper end of the Championship working for a good footballing coach, Goodwillie (IMO) will suffer at Rovers, especially under that muppet they have in charge :lol::lol: The supply is starting to come now too with Bannon, Adam, Morrison and Naismith defensively Im still not sure, Hutton looks like a disaster waiting to happen as does Berra, although, he was outstanding last night. We have 2 or 3 very good keepers and a coaching team that actually has a plan............MAN its a really exciting time to be a Scot :towel::frantic:

Edited by topbananas

i hope all the best for scotland

but never underestimate teams from former yugoslavia

macedonia is like pain in the a.. sometimes...ireland knows about it

belgium seems a upcoming team

and wales is also always good for a surprise

Playoff qualifiers set for the Euro

Turkey-Croatia

Estonia-Ireland

Czech Republic-Montenegro

Bosnia and Herzegovina-Portugal

Bolded who I want to win, Italicized who I think will win.

i also hope the turks wont make it....cant stand them

and here it will be quiet...we have around 4 million(or more) turkish people in germany

most of them here in my area.

bosnia and montenegro would be funny...specially cuz the serbs are out..lol

Edited by TheGermanCanuck

Could FIFA make it anymore obvious that they absolutely hate England?

What looks like a standard one match ban red card somehow becomes a three match ban to start Euro 2012 for England's best player? I'll admit it was a foolish foul/card to take on Rooney's part, but by no means was it super malicious and worthy of anything more than the standard one game.

Another major tourney set up for dissapointment.... sigh.

What looks like a standard one match ban red card somehow becomes a three match ban to start Euro 2012 for England's best player? I'll admit it was a foolish foul/card to take on Rooney's part, but by no means was it super malicious and worthy of anything more than the standard one game.

What do you mean? :lol:

Violent conduct has always been a 3 game suspension, so he deserves it. Unless you're trying to tell us that it wasn't violent conduct? Don't talk rubbish.

i hope all the best for scotland

but never underestimate teams from former yugoslavia

macedonia is like pain in the a.. sometimes...ireland knows about it

belgium seems a upcoming team

and wales is also always good for a surprise

So do we. I remember us being upset by all three of those teams in my lifetime. So we can't take them lightly.

what you on about? first of all, UEFA runs the Euros, not FIFA.

violent conduct is a 3 game ban, the talk that he would only get 2 was crazy especially given his previous

england get everything handed to them on a plate at major tourneys and they still f**k it up. how they can still be seeded so high is a joke.

What do you mean? :lol:

Violent conduct has always been a 3 game suspension, so he deserves it. Unless you're trying to tell us that it wasn't violent conduct? Don't talk rubbish.

You don't think 3 games in a major tournament for that isn't harsh?? Apparently the man who was fouled even believes it is.

Wayne Rooney's red-card victim, Montenegro defender Miodrag Dzudovic, has offered to speak on the England striker's behalf should he appeal against his three-match international ban.

Rooney's victim, 32-year-old Dzudovic, believes UEFA's punishment is too harsh and is ready to help the Manchester United striker fight his ban.

Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin only received a two-game ban for a similar offence before Euro 2008 and the FA is hoping for a one-game reduction in Rooney's suspension.