The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

sorry for the dutchies but during that post game tsn analysis of the match it was sad to see how the forwards didn't bother to help defensively in parts of the game.

I have no idea what shape/system the Dutch were using tonight.

I am not a fan of Van Bommel and believe that the way they played the first two games to accomodate him cost them at least 4 points, however, seeing the way they defended tonight, I take it back........they were simply awful. No points and 2 goals scored, enough said

So far I got Greece right in Group A, Germany right in Group B (including point totals), and Portugal right in Group B too :)

I have Spain first, Italy second, Croatia third, and Ireland pointless in forth, but I won't be able to watch the games :(

I cannot believe the lack of quality in the Portugal/Holland game. 2 lovely goals but other than a bit here and a bit there........very disappointed.

Congrats to Podolski though, quite an acheivement for a Pole

After the opening 20 minutes or so It looked like it was going to be a great match, unfortunately Holland did what they do best... that squad has no cohesion or heart, in the end im glad there out, as they dont deserve the knockout stage.

So pumped, both my teams - England and Portugal - have made it past stage 1! Fav players Rooney and Ronaldo on the respective teams, and Ronaldo just ripping it yesterday.

...everyone's worried about Germany, I say watch out for Portugal - Germnay had a very tough time winning that first game against them and in my mind, Portugal dominated and the corner stats show that.

So pumped, both my teams - England and Portugal - have made it past stage 1! Fav players Rooney and Ronaldo on the respective teams, and Ronaldo just ripping it yesterday.

...everyone's worried about Germany, I say watch out for Portugal - Germnay had a very tough time winning that first game against them and in my mind, Portugal dominated and the corner stats show that.

England aren't through yet.

And again, Portugal did not dominate. The fact you're using corner stats to try and push your argument is laugable.

EDIT: As is my spelling :lol:

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
  • Upvote 1

Seeing as the Dutch failed miserably, I suppose I'm on the England bandwagon. (I am of English descent, after all)

As I've said many times before, the important thing is that the national diving teams of Italy and Portugal don't win.

My money is on Germany and my darkhorse is France.

England aren't through yet.

And again, Portugal did not dominate. The fact you're using corner stats to try and push your argument is laugable.

this

Seeing as the Dutch failed miserably, I suppose I'm on the England bandwagon. (I am of English descent, after all)

As I've said many times before, the important thing is that the national diving teams of Italy and Portugal don't win.

My money is on Germany and my darkhorse is France.

Shame on you Rupert... :P

And I'm the same as you. Germany to win but France are my darkhorse.

Shame on you Rupert... :P

And I'm the same as you. Germany to win but France are my darkhorse.

Funny thing is, I do have a small amount of Scottish in me as well. My dad (89 years old) is from an era where one's middle name is usually an ancestral surname. His middle name is Hamilton.That being said, my mother's maiden name is Thibodeau... ;)