2852 replies to this topic

#1231 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Typical scouser, they watch different games to the rest of the world. Great start to the season and we have not even kicked a ball yet. Going to be a long long season on Merseyside!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we got DAT HISTORY :bigblush:

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#1232 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

So we got DAT HISTORY :bigblush:

wouldnt swap our future for your history, our history is not too shabby either mind you.

I look forward to your "5 European Cups blah blah blah" reply

Come back when you have won 20 titles and knocked us off our perch
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#1233 Imuzi

Imuzi

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

wouldnt swap our future for your history, our history is not too shabby either mind you.

I look forward to your "5 European Cups blah blah blah" reply

Come back when you have won 20 titles and knocked us off our perch

Enjoy your time at the top while it lasts. With the Glazers still in I would relish what you have now.

NaturalHotAfricanporcupine.gif

#1234 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Enjoy your time at the top while it lasts. With the Glazers still in I would relish what you have now.

It doesn't mean anything though - United have, what, 700m of debt? West Brom have 2m, with 6m cash in the bank. I'd much rather support Albion in 20 years time than crash and burn as a United fan.

#1235 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

It doesn't mean anything though - United have, what, £700m of debt? West Brom have £2m, with £6m cash in the bank. I'd much rather support Albion in 20 years time than crash and burn as a United fan.

Manchester United are the biggest sports club in the world, they will never ever die, doesnt matter how much debt the media says the Glazers have.

How can you have £6m cash in the bank and be £2m in debt? Do you not own your little ground and players?

Your arguments remind me of the playground banter in primary school. "My brothers bigger than your brother" "Well, my Dad is bigger than your Dad and he kicked Rambo's arse" Grow up boys and come back when you have something to chirp about

Boing Boing
stan smyl 2.0

#1236 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

You clearly weren't at the game today. Liverpool were dreadful from start to finish, bar one 10minute spell, and Ben Foster had very little to do. Even without the deserved red, we'd have beaten you. And we definitely should have had 8-10 goals ourselves. We took it so easy on you after we went 3-0 up.

Boing Boing :)

No. I wasn't at the game... clearly. I live in Dawson Creek, BC, dude. I did watch it from start to finish, though. Our footy coverage is awesome here. We get every EPL match every week. Lots of Champions League and Europa League, too.

Possession was 60-40 Reds at full time. Reds had even more before Agger was sent off. With that much possession, Liverpool still only managed 2 shots on goal. West Brom was clearly the better team, on the day. Very clearly.

Mr. Rogers has a lot of work to do for next week. I saw him at the Man City match today doing some scouting, I presume.

:towel: :canucks:

Edited by lof, 19 August 2012 - 09:54 AM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

#1237 ChelseaFC

ChelseaFC

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Quality start by Hazard! quality link up with Mata in the middle, could potentially be a deadly midfield combo with the bang on passes. Peeved off with sitting back after Lamps put us up 2nil, but since I was jumping up and down with the victories over Barca and Bayern last night, can't complain too much.
Thats a secret between me and the puck!
Roberto Luongo commenting on the save he made with his face

#1238 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

So for those of you in BC, what channel, package, whatever do you use to watch this sport? Every time I try to catch a game on Sportsnet it's like Bolton vs. Newcastle or something, then the following week it's Sunderland vs. Norwich. There's zero consistency anymore, so it's hard to actually care about the results when the viewer isn't given a team to 'follow'

I haven't been able to follow any domestic league play for a while, and I'm getting desparate again. Last time this happened I followed one of PSG's seasons with French commentary, not understanding a word, but enjoying the product all the same.

Speaking of which, PSG just signed Ibrahimovic... ? Weird.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 19 August 2012 - 03:00 PM.

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#1239 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

So for those of you in BC, what channel, package, whatever do you use to watch this sport? Every time I try to catch a game on Sportsnet it's like Bolton vs. Newcastle or something, then the following week it's Sunderland vs. Norwich. There's zero consistency anymore, so it's hard to actually care about the results when the viewer isn't given a team to 'follow'

I haven't been able to follow any domestic league play for a while, and I'm getting desparate again. Last time this happened I followed one of PSG's seasons with French commentary, not understanding a word, but enjoying the product all the same.

Speaking of which, PSG just signed Ibrahimovic... ? Weird.

I am a Shaw cable subscriber. Soccer is plastered all over my TV all the time!

I have Gol TV, SportsnetWorld (used to be Setanta), Sportsnet, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet1 and TheScore.

I'm up at 5:30 every Saturday and Sunday to watch live footy.

Enjoy, GLASSJAW!

#1240 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Good lord, I can't afford that

I guess I could just download games...

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#1241 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Or just find a decent stream. Although they're uncommon good quality ones do exist.

#1242 bobb

bobb

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:04 PM

http://wigan88.blogspot.ca/

that dude saves me $20 a month of sportsnet world and goltv per month! not sure if sign ups are open but fbtz is the best place to get games since you can't use spam crape like adfly. Wiziwig is good for live streams and hahasport has most games listed too.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1243 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Quality start by Hazard! quality link up with Mata in the middle, could potentially be a deadly midfield combo with the bang on passes. Peeved off with sitting back after Lamps put us up 2nil, but since I was jumping up and down with the victories over Barca and Bayern last night, can't complain too much.

Yep, Hazard, or azaaaarr as the ITV commentator likes to call him, looked good. Im still not convinced by Mata, reminds me of a lightweight Joe Cole. You have to take in to account too that Wigan's midfield is hardly steely so it will be interesting to see how they get on against the bigger clubs and those clubs that have a bit of bite in midfield.

Like you I would have liked to see Chelsea go for goals, 2 up at a place like Wigan inside 10 minutes, you have to be thinking at least 5.
stan smyl 2.0

#1244 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:02 AM

How can you have 6m cash in the bank and be 2m in debt? Do you not own your little ground and players?

Grow up boys and come back when you have something to chirp about

Wow. Someone fetch this guys toys please :lol:

Albion owe various creditors 2m. But we have 6m in the bank. So we have no debt, which I really thought was obvious.

As for 'when you have something to chirp about' - I'm here. We have registered 2 consecutive 11th placed finishes, ratcheting up zero debt. United have 700m of debt, are being sold to any Tom, Dick or Harry in the States, and finished second. I know which I'd rather have thanks.

#1245 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

Wow. Someone fetch this guys toys please :lol:

Albion owe various creditors £2m. But we have £6m in the bank. So we have no debt, which I really thought was obvious.

As for 'when you have something to chirp about' - I'm here. We have registered 2 consecutive 11th placed finishes, ratcheting up zero debt. United have £700m of debt, are being sold to any Tom, Dick or Harry in the States, and finished second. I know which I'd rather have thanks.

Do you really think that if the Glazers go bust, pull out of United and leave this "debt" or whatever, that United will cease to exist? Or end up like Rangers? If you do, you are an idiot. They are the biggest, richest sports club/company whatever you want to call it in the world. Your arguement is embarassing, my 5 year old has better arguements with his 4 year old sister.

I guess you never miss what you havent had, trophies, european matches, watching world class players etc etc.

Football needs more "real fans" like you mate, keep up the good work and good luck cracking the top 10 this season
stan smyl 2.0

#1246 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,793 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

wow....over 49000 @ the first rangers game in the 3rd scottish division

respect to their fans even i dont like them

they are 1-1-0 after 2 games

4 points and 7-3 goals

http://www.transferm...verein_124.html

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 20 August 2012 - 05:07 AM.

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#1247 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

Ki looks like he's off for £6 million plus addons. Swansea.

I wanted more, but I guess it's not bad business for someone who can't even crack the starting XI.

#1248 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Ki looks like he's off for £6 million plus addons. Swansea.

I wanted more, but I guess it's not bad business for someone who can't even crack the starting XI.

think I read somewhere they offered Scott Dobie + cash. Not fancy that deal?

Surely he is only not in the starting 11 because he has been to the olympics and told Lemon he wants away? By far one of the best players in Scotland
stan smyl 2.0

#1249 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

I wondered why Ki didn't feature against county on the weekend. He will be a nice addition for Swans.

#1250 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

think I read somewhere they offered Scott Dobie + cash. Not fancy that deal?

Surely he is only not in the starting 11 because he has been to the olympics and told Lemon he wants away? By far one of the best players in Scotland

No. Even last season he was in and out of the starting lineup. Celtic's midfield is pretty strong with Kayal, Wanyama, Commons, Forrest and Ledley (And Brown - useless imo but others seem to love him) so they can afford to let him go without any worries. He would be useful in Europe but I'm hoping they buy Markus Henriksen from Rosenberg to add some creativity to the lineup before the window closes.

Apparently it's £6.3 million, plus £1.2 million in addons dependent on appearances. And a 15% sell on fee.

#1251 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

No. Even last season he was in and out of the starting lineup. Celtic's midfield is pretty strong with Kayal, Wanyama, Commons, Forrest and Ledley (And Brown - useless imo but others seem to love him) so they can afford to let him go without any worries. He would be useful in Europe but I'm hoping they buy Markus Henriksen from Rosenberg to add some creativity to the lineup before the window closes.

Apparently it's £6.3 million, plus £1.2 million in addons dependent on appearances. And a 15% sell on fee.

That is good business. I agree with you on Brown, he is so overrated its untrue. I hate seeing him in the Scotland squad. He reminds me a lot of his manager and I f**king hated him too, still do actually :lol:

I do like Kayal, everytime I see him play he is the best player on the park. Surprised that Wanyama is still there though
stan smyl 2.0

#1252 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Good week for Belgium. Kompany starts off with a win, Hazard constructs a few goals, Vermaelan becomes captain, Fellaini and Lakaku score goals and Mirallas is the newest player to join the BPL.

#1253 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Best team won tonight, we were second all over the park and light in midfield. Great game Everton
stan smyl 2.0

#1254 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think Everton will have a good season. I'll say... 6th place.

#1255 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

I think Everton will have a good season. I'll say... 6th place.

I hope so, I was impressed with their bench too, some decent depth players there when injuries/suspensions hit. If they can sign Owen and he stays fit, that will really help Jelavic. Plus they will probably get Donovan and Cahill on loan when MLS finishes. Just hope they can get close to the intensity they showed tonight.
stan smyl 2.0

#1256 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:00 AM

Good week for Belgium. Kompany starts off with a win, Hazard constructs a few goals, Vermaelan becomes captain, Fellaini and Lakaku score goals and Mirallas is the newest player to join the BPL

Not forgetting that we beat Holland 4-2 last Wednesday as well :)

Although it was only one game, I think United are in for a tough season. Jones, Smalling, Vidic, Evans and Rio are all injury-prone, and they look fragile at the back without them. Kagawa has good control, but I was underwhelmed with his distribution. Rooney looked massively unfit. And Nani's short fuse was very much in evidence.

After last night I expect every PL team to get physical with United. I don't think they'll cope.

#1257 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:10 AM

If you do, you are an idiot. Your arguement is embarassing.

I guess you never miss what you havent had, trophies, european matches, watching world class players etc etc.

Debts of 700m would be enough to put any company out of business. So it will remain a possibility, regardless of how unlikely it might be.

What I don't get is why you've turned aggressive and resorted to calling people names. Is that your 5 year olds influence?

As for that last point, congratulations. You chose to support a team with great history. It then became a global success. But when I started supporting Albion, we were in what is now League One, with huge debts, a rubbish squad, and a cruddy ground. We've earned our success, not bought it.

And the only world class player I've seen at United was Ronaldo.

#1258 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Debts of £700m would be enough to put any company out of business. So it will remain a possibility, regardless of how unlikely it might be.

What I don't get is why you've turned aggressive and resorted to calling people names. Is that your 5 year olds influence?

As for that last point, congratulations. You chose to support a team with great history. It then became a global success. But when I started supporting Albion, we were in what is now League One, with huge debts, a rubbish squad, and a cruddy ground. We've earned our success, not bought it.

And the only world class player I've seen at United was Ronaldo.

So, Keane, Cantona, Giggs, Scholes, Schmeical, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Kleberson, to name but a few were/are just decent footballers? Come on man.........my mrs is a scouser and even she admits that.

Lets just draw a line under this "discussion" we are never ever going to agree. Sorry if any of my comments were taken as "name calling" or "aggressive" none were meant that way. It just pi**es me off listening to the anti united brigade coming up with the same old sh!te. I get enough of that off my mates, majority of whom are Liverpool fans.

The obsession with United throughout the rest of England astonishes me, within seconds of Everton winning last night, my phone lit up like a Christmas tree with texts from around 20 people, none of whom follow Everton, gloating and telling me how we are going to win nothing again.........the best was from a Blackpool fan who told me in no uncertain terms that United are finished and will be lucky to finish 3rd

I have nothing against West Brom, I have been down there for the United games the past 2 seasons and have enjoyed both trips, great atmosphere (as there is at most grounds we visit) and never any issues with stewards etc (as there is at most grounds we visit) I like the way they try and play and they do seem like a very well run club.

Edited by topbananas, 21 August 2012 - 02:48 AM.

stan smyl 2.0

#1259 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:54 AM

Truce then :lol:

I'm not anti-United - I'm anti-everyone. I hate City. Spurs. Arsenal. Newcastle. Sunderland. West Ham. QPR. Everyone. Bar Albion, Walsall, Kidderminster, and cheering on the Belgians on an individual basis :)

I think a 'world class' player is one that would get into any team in the world. I always preferred Seaman to Schmeichel, Maldini to Stam, Figo to Giggs, Fat Ronaldo to Cantona, Shevchenko to Ruud. But Ronaldo has no equals bar Messi. He was a phenom at United. The rest were all outstanding players, but in my view of 'world class', all fall just short.

I love Fellaini's hair.

#1260 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

Kleberson :lol:

That guy was no Eric Djemba-Djemba. And ED-D was no William Prunier...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.