The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

what are you talking about? We have some fantastic players. You will see a very different Scotland in the next world cup qualifying.

The problem is we have slipped so far down the rankings due to years of sh!te that we end up in really tough groups. No team likes coming to Glasgow I can tell you that much

but they sucked when i tried to beat england with them in my game lol (Miller really let me down) :bigblush:

I blame the managers. We need a decent one. Which we haven't had since Smith/McLeish (Two former Rangers men but I'll admit they did a good job.)

Do the Scots play like the English? Do they just play it in the air?

Gerrard has been immense in this tournament. Finally been given a central mid role, with a partner who compliments rather than replicates him, and the responsibility of the captaincy. He's looking fantastic.

Do you mean Parker? I never thought Lampard's injury would be considered a boon for the English.

Do you mean Parker? I never thought Lampard's injury would be considered a boon for the English.

Yep. Parker is the perfect foil for Gerrard, whereas Lampard is not suited to harrying, shot blocking, putting his body on the line etc. Even if Lampard was fit, there'd be Parker, Barry and Milner ahead of him for that position.

Well..because of all those historic victories and major tournament championships..

Oh wait... :bigblush:

One World Cup is more than 95% of footballing nations have ever won. I'd think Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, Ireland, USA and Canada would love one of those.

And every team has 'historic' victories. Even Luxembourg and Malta.

• Upvote 2

really? wow

I see the Scottish grapes are a particularly sour vintage this summer :lol:

Terry has given three 7/10 performances so far, as has Lescott. They've been mostly solid - mire so than any England defence in the last ten years - and deserve some respect for that. They've worked hard, and I unlike Gerrard and Welbeck, they're not getting the credit they deserve.

Of course they'll mess up against Italy and cost England the game :lol: