#1441 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

YEESSS!

That was absolutely amazing. The stadium was literally shaking.

#1442 bobb

bobb

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

yeah, imagine if we grabbed that point in Barcelona. I dunno about you guys but, I am not a fan of Lustig. Bad marking a lot of the times I see him. Other than the OG in the league game I am loving Ambrose. I'd like to see him and Mulgrew with emilio and Mathews on the wings for all the big games. For what was considered a somewhat risky decision to hire Lennon he's sure making a lot of right moves. His style fits us really well and I love him celebrating every goal too. Him and Di Canio are awesome to watch on the sidelines.

Oh and Man City suck in the Champions league. They are saying Mancini is in risk of losing his job, what a crock of crap. Anyone watching the games knows other than him going onto the pitch there isn't much he could've done different.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1443 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

yeah, imagine if we grabbed that point in Barcelona. I dunno about you guys but, I am not a fan of Lustig. Bad marking a lot of the times I see him. Other than the OG in the league game I am loving Ambrose. I'd like to see him and Mulgrew with emilio and Mathews on the wings for all the big games. For what was considered a somewhat risky decision to hire Lennon he's sure making a lot of right moves. His style fits us really well and I love him celebrating every goal too. Him and Di Canio are awesome to watch on the sidelines.

Oh and Man City suck in the Champions league. They are saying Mancini is in risk of losing his job, what a crock of crap. Anyone watching the games knows other than him going onto the pitch there isn't much he could've done different.

Lustig is my first choice right back. Matthews played a great game on Wednesday though.

Izaguirre - Wilson - Ambrose - Lustig

#1444 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,226 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Arsenal vs. Fulham is a crazy game.

Congrats Celtic!
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1445 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Arsenal vs. Fulham is a crazy game.

Congrats Celtic!

What a save by Schwarzer

Posted Image

#1446 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

So good to see the Reds push back after a dreadful first half today. They didn't look like a team that was capable of scoring. Then, Suarez scores yet again (with help from a little shove in the back of Ramirez ;) ) to gain a well deserved point. As soon as Suso came on and Rogers changed the shape to 4-4-1-1, Liverpool looked much more comfortable. Good point and fair result. I'm not a fan of Chelsea, but, get well soon, John Terry.

My buddy, Mike, is a Magpies fan, so, I thought it would be good to throw in a congratulations to West Ham for beating Newcastle 1-0. Nice finish by Nolan coming back from an offside position. Ba looked to even the match with a header, but, the goal wasn't given. Another instance in the argument for goal line technology.

Edited by Hugemanskost, 11 November 2012 - 01:40 PM.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#1447 Petey21

Petey21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

An epic goal by Ibra in last night's friendly between Sweden and England.

#1448 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,510 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhvlM3Ax_SI

Yeah, I saw the goal too. Sick!

This video hit over 5 million views in 2 days:

307mg00.jpg

#1449 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Pretty incredible. There was an element of luck involved, but great players seem to get "lucky" more often than other players do.

My favorite "bicycle" goal is still Ronaldinho's (the one where he plays it off his chest first), but predictably, TSN's top 10 gave the nod to Rooney's...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1450 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

What a a day in the EPL!

My Reds dominated Wigan, 3-0. Suarez is an absolute stud. Not too many better strikers in the world right now. Man U loses to Norwich (Goal Differential could come back to haunt Man U in the title race)... Chelsea loses to West Brom (Baggies now in 4th!)... Lots of goals in the North London Derby...

In SPL News, Hoops take 2/3 of the game to break through with, again, Wanyama the catalyst. Too bad his wicked strike didn't go in instead of bouncing to Lassad to finish.

#1451 Gabes24

Gabes24

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

north london derby today was a treat, if adebayor hadn't received that straight red things would've been so different as the gunners were getting outplayed until the sending off. Great play by everyone though, seeing Wilshere coming back to full fitness is such a treat, he's showing flashes of pure brilliance. Lets hope this gets the ball rolling for arsenal!

Upset with norwich - man u today, my gosh, norwich is pulling upsets outta no where! arsenal a couple weeks back and now this, pretty interesting stuff.

That Canuck forum isn't even worth the time. It's a huge circle of Kool Aid Drinkers. - STL Board

Posted Image

#1452 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

Can't wait for the game tonight. Unfortunately I'm unable to afford a trip to Lisbon, so I'll be cheering from the pub.

Come on you Bhoys in green!

#1453 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Luiz Adriano, you are a scumbag.

aXmDa9t.gif

#1454 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,160 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Luiz Adriano, you are a scumbag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N3gb_y0ZmY

That's putting it lightly.. ???? gutless move

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#1455 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Absolutely pathetic ^

Celtic were awful tonight. Didn't deserve anything from the game.

#1456 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

So can we all agree that Roman Abramovich has completely lost the plot?

Edited by drdeath, 21 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

aXmDa9t.gif

#1457 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

So can we all agree that Roman Abramovich has completely lost the plot?

He lost the plot many, many years ago.

Chelsea are becoming a laughing stock because of him to be honest. Win the CL - fire the manager who did it when the slightest things stop going his way.

#1458 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Abramovich should manage the club himself. He meddles far too much. Owners own... Managers manage.

Perhaps Abramovich should focus on building a team with some continuity and chemistry instead of blaming managers for his club's struggles.

9 managers in 9 years in the EPL? Bah!

Edited by Hugemanskost, 21 November 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#1459 CanucksMadrid

CanucksMadrid

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

Mexes' or Ibra's goal??

#1460 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

The people who died at Hillsborough are poor innocent victims that were treated appaulingly by the authorities as have their families since and I support any action that they take now and any justice that they get, I hope the police responsible on the day are sent away for the rest of their lives.

Just came across this article on TSN:(Sorry for the lack of formatting. I'm using an old browser)

On April 15, 1989, a total of 96 fans were killed and more than 700 injured at Sheffield's Hillsborough Stadium. The fans - there to attend an FA Cup semifinal between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest - were crushed largely due to poor crowd control and negligence on the part of local police. The Hillsborough disaster is regarded as one of the worst disasters in the history of professional football.

Barcelona FC claims to be "more than a club", Manchester United define their ground as a "Theatre of Dreams", the self-alleger (and Real Madrid manager) Jose Mourinho claims to be a "Special One," whilst Brazil - our next World Cup hosts - gave the sport "The Beautiful Game".

Then there is the Liverpool Way. A philosophy aptly defined on the club's website:"It's the value of hard work and togetherness, the capacity to overcome difficulties and above all the principles of fair play and dignified behaviour both on and off the field; when we see players or coaches act in a certain way it is instantly recognizable a philosophy we call 'The Liverpool Way.'"Those very same principles and values have been at the core of an organization, the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC) that sprang up in the aftermath of the wretched horrors of April 15th 1989 - The Hillsborough Tragedy.

Unfolding live on television, more than the lives of innocent supporters were lost that day.Along with the deaths of 96 supporters, we now know that a massive structural cover up on a scale never previously seen in the UK also occurred that FA Cup Semi Final Saturday afternoon courtesy of the full Independent Report that was made public in early fall.

Families not only had to deal with bereavement but also with the cloud of insinuation and accusation that has hung forebodingly in the air for well over two decades.

Not any longer.

The most distressing fact to come from the exhaustive report is clear evidence that 41 of the 96 deceased 'had the potential to survive'. British Prime Minister David Cameron offered a profound apology and a fresh inquest will be called. A legal investigation will take place and bring to count all those responsible in the cover up. Senior police offices stand accused and criminal convictions will rightfully result.

In the meantime HJC are determined to erect a permanent monument to the memory of their loved and lost ones. A child is the inspiration behind the idea. An inquisitive young girl on a visit to the Liverpool pier head asked her dad why there wasn't a Hillsborough monument in the city centre. From there the matter was bought up during one of HJC's monthly meetings.

Ken Derbyshire, the president of HJC explained to TSN.ca the vital importance of erecting such a monument. "There is a small memorial at Anfield, but it was felt that something more fitting and more permanent was needed to keep the memory of the 96 alive and remind us that this could have happened to anyone," he said. "Various sites were discussed and it was agreed that it should be an accessible site, open to everybody not just Liverpool fans.

"One possible site for the memorial was the Liverpool docks. "The prominence of the Liverpool waterfront, its accessibility to locals and tourists alike make an ideal location," said Derbyshire. Much debate will ensue before the location of the monument is eventually decided upon. HJC's immediate focus is on increasing the awareness and raising the desperately needed funds for a project of this immense scale. Then factor in the sensitive nature of it all.

But the docks hold a place of honour for Canadians as well."For Canadians it is particularly apt as the pavement in front of the three graces hold brass plates in memory of all the Royal Canadian Navy ships that protected Liverpool sailors on the hazardous North Atlantic convoys, "The monument will become a destination for the families all those touched by the tragedy and Liverpool supporters from across the world: Some of whom live in our neighbourhoods. Following a chance encounter for three people that occurred at a bookstore in Liverpool, an ex-Liverpudlian has helped organize a fundraising event that will be staged this evening thousands of miles away from those world famous Shankly Gates. It will take place at the Celtic Pub in St. Catharines, ON. Tellingly, the Liverpudlian is an Everton fan.

The chance encounter occurred with an old friend who just so happens to be the guitarist from legendary Liverpool band Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Brian Nash. The third person is Nash's sister-in-law, Debi McMilan, who heads the fundraising for HJC.The Evertonian Ian Barry is a barrister specializing in injury law and offered HJC his legal expertise for free. But as lawyers in the UK are already committed pro bono McMilan suggested to Barry that when he returned home to St. Catharines he organize a fund raising event of his own. On his return home Barry immediately set about the task, calling on the St. Catharines extended football family to all get involved. The response was overwhelming: Be they Manchester United supporters or Everton men and woman, all set aside club allegiances. In no time at all they came up with the idea to stage a race night and auction.

Football like many sports can be way too divisive but the response out of St. Catharines was typical as fans from all clubs have been galvanized to the cause since the release of the Independent Report. "The response and support has been nothing short of phenomenal," explained McMilan. "We have always had support throughout the years, and we're so grateful to everyone across the world for their messages."In a season for the Barclays Premier League that seemingly has lurched from one high-profile scandal to the next, solace and relief is yet again found within grass roots movements. How inspiring it is, then, that a community so detached from Anfield and the horrific scars Hilsborough has inflicted on so many has found compelling reasons to get involved.

McMilan says HJC is very touched by Barry's initiative. "Everyone at the HJC would like to wish St Catharines a great night on November 30th," he said."It's sure to be a fantastic event, and we would like to thank each and every one of those both organizing and attending for their continued support of the campaign… You'll Never Walk Alone."

On Friday evening they will all gather at the Celtic Pub in memory of the Hillsborough fallen. Tears will flow, as will the toasts in honor of the 96.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 30 November 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1461 CanucksMadrid

CanucksMadrid

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

21,000 people watching Atletico's training this morning WOW

#1462 bobb

bobb

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

You know what they say about pictures.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1463 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

2 own goals, 1 each in the Liverpool - West Ham game. The game winner was an own goal.

When was the last time something like that happened?

Posted Image

#1464 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Looked like the Gunners had a Norwegian ref against West Brom...

#1465 CanucksMadrid

CanucksMadrid

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

FALCAO. WOW.

#1466 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,510 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Messi breaks 40-year-old goals record:

BARCELONA, Spain — Lionel Messi broke German great Gerd Mueller’s 40-year-old record for most goals in a year by scoring for the 86th time in 2012 on Sunday.

The Argentina forward struck twice for Barcelona to lead 2-0 against Real Betis by the 25th minute of the Spanish league match.

His first was an individual effort in the 16th minute to equal Mueller’s mark, and he eclipsed the 1972 milestone with a familiar left-footed finish nine minutes later.

Messi has scored 74 goals for Barcelona and 12 times for Argentina this year, and he has three more games in which he can add to his tally before the end of the year. Mueller scored 85 for Bayern Munich and West Germany.

The 25-year-old Messi passed Brazil great Pele’s single-season milestone of 75 goals for Brazil and Santos in 1958 with his 75th and 76th goals of the year on Nov. 11 to move into second place behind Mueller.

After his record 50 goals in the Spanish league last campaign, Messi has led Barcelona to the best start in the history of the championship this season with 13 wins and a draw after the opening 14 rounds. The scoring ace has found the net 30 times already this season in all competitions for Barcelona.

Messi, who became a father for the first time on Nov. 2 to a baby boy named Thiago, was announced as one of the three finalists for the FIFA world player of the year award, along with teammate Andres Iniesta and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.

Messi has won the Ballon d’Or award for the past three years in helping Barcelona win three Spanish league titles and two Champions League crowns, along with various other competitions. He is seeking to become the only player to win the award for a fourth time when the winner is announced in Switzerland on Jan. 7.

http://www.theprovin...r#axzz2EbDh4QY7

307mg00.jpg

#1467 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

The best ever IMO.

And I've seen him play ::D

#1468 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

I haven't been following the sport as much as I'd like to this year, beyond stats and tables and the like.

But what exactly has happened to Chelsea? Are they suffering injuries, or is the team just crumbling?
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#1469 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I haven't been following the sport as much as I'd like to this year, beyond stats and tables and the like.

But what exactly has happened to Chelsea? Are they suffering injuries, or is the team just crumbling?

Did you see the Villa match today, GLASSJAW? The Blues sure looked amazing today. 8-0!

Chelsea, despite this year's "problems", are still in a Champion's League spot, 4th in the Premiership. They are a team in transition. Firing a manager who should never have been fired. Hiring a manager who probably should never been hired (Rafa). Injuries to key players... Aging key players... Youngsters in key positions... No Drogba...

Today's win put them back in the hunt for another run at the EPL Championship. They are now level in goal differential with City and United. Should be an interesting second half of the year. Wouldn't be surprised to see Abramovich take a run at Falcao in the January window.

They'll be fine.

#1470 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,668 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yeah I guess I didn't realize there's such a tight race outside the top 3! I thought they were out of it entirely, my mistake

Anyway, I was a bit upset to not see Ronaldo's goal (the one where he does the cheeky heel flick over Pique's head, passing to himself and scores a goal the keeper should have saved) wasn't really recognized on any year-end plays.

I don't know, I thought this was a piece of magic, even if the keeper should have had it:

Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.