The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

You don't think 3 games in a major tournament for that isn't harsh?? Apparently the man who was fouled even believes it is.

Wayne Rooney's red-card victim, Montenegro defender Miodrag Dzudovic, has offered to speak on the England striker's behalf should he appeal against his three-match international ban.

Rooney's victim, 32-year-old Dzudovic, believes UEFA's punishment is too harsh and is ready to help the Manchester United striker fight his ban.

Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin only received a two-game ban for a similar offence before Euro 2008 and the FA is hoping for a one-game reduction in Rooney's suspension.

I don't think it's harsh, no. Rules are rules, and Rooney has a history of having a bit of a temper and lashing out on the pitch so he deserves the full 3 games.

• Upvote 1

You don't think 3 games in a major tournament for that isn't harsh?? Apparently the man who was fouled even believes it is.

Wayne Rooney's red-card victim, Montenegro defender Miodrag Dzudovic, has offered to speak on the England striker's behalf should he appeal against his three-match international ban.

Rooney's victim, 32-year-old Dzudovic, believes UEFA's punishment is too harsh and is ready to help the Manchester United striker fight his ban.

Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin only received a two-game ban for a similar offence before Euro 2008 and the FA is hoping for a one-game reduction in Rooney's suspension.

Which was bullcrap considering the 3 he should have got, he was in on both goals scored in the deciding game against Sweden, Sweden goes through if he got what he "deserved".

I don't think it's harsh, no. Rules are rules, and Rooney has a history of having a bit of a temper and lashing out on the pitch so he deserves the full 3 games.

Somewhat agree with you. Rooney did have a history of bad temper. However it really feels like FIFA really "go after" an England player again. He got a red card, 1 game that's totally fine. The problem is the extra 2 they tagged on him after. If you look at the hearing report the FIFA tagged on 1 extra game because England was planning to appeal. Anyways, I always believe there's someone "behind" the UEFA and FIFA. I would bet Messi gets nth if he does the same thing.

however, 3 games in UEFA is harsh. that's more like comparing suspending a player 3 games in SCF = 6 games in regular season

Somewhat agree with you. Rooney did have a history of bad temper. However it really feels like FIFA really "go after" an England player again. He got a red card, 1 game that's totally fine. The problem is the extra 2 they tagged on him after. If you look at the hearing report the FIFA tagged on 1 extra game because England was planning to appeal. Anyways, I always believe there's someone "behind" the UEFA and FIFA. I would bet Messi gets nth if he does the same thing.

however, 3 games in UEFA is harsh. that's more like comparing suspending a player 3 games in SCF = 6 games in regular season

Yep, like the Aaron Rome suspension. Hilarious Cantona avatar!

Hey Scottish Canuck - there's always the next major tournament for Scotland eh? :P

• Upvote 1

Yep, like the Aaron Rome suspension. Hilarious Cantona avatar!

Hey Scottish Canuck - there's always the next major tournament for Scotland eh? :P

:lol:

Of course. It's not like I've been saying that for the past 13 years. Seriously though, I'm pretty optimistic about the next campaign.

And I'll enjoy watching England go out at the QF stage at the Euros. Or maybe even beforehand. It's always fun. Portugal in penalties? Or slaughtered by Germany? :P

I think it is harsh on Rooney, even the guy he kicked admitted the punishment was harsh.

I think Rooney's a great player, but he has a nasty temper. He's done that sort of thing before, UEFA and FIFA have always had a 3 game ban set up for violent conduct, which it was. So IMO he's fully deserving of a suspension.

Nice signature by the way. Looks good.

Well. It wasn't worth the money I paid (and I didn't even pay full price - got a spare season ticket off a guy I know), but they won. And the atmosphere was decent in the 2nd half.

Next game I go to see will be Rennes on the 3rd. I reckon Celtic Park will be rocking. It's the only game without a stupid 6pm KO.

So why was Jack booked (later sent off) for celebtrating his goal yet Mulgrew did exactly the same and got nothing? 2nd goal from a dodgy free kick too.........

same bullsh!t decisions in glasgow again...........

we played you off the park in the second half. thats as bad a celtic team as I have seen in years, they will be lucky to finish second.

So why was Jack booked (later sent off) for celebtrating his goal yet Mulgrew did exactly the same and got nothing? 2nd goal from a dodgy free kick too.........

same bullsh!t decisions in glasgow again...........

we played you off the park in the second half. thats as bad a celtic team as I have seen in years, they will be lucky to finish second.

Charlie Mulgrew was booked. I was sitting right in front of it and saw him given a yellow myself. Any BS decisions were reserved for us.

I thought Aberdeen played a good game yesterday, but they didn't play us off the park. At all. Celtic were the dominant team overall. But you're right. It's the worst Celtic team in a long time. I'd say the worst in about 15 years. Defensively a shambles, and not much better up front (with Stokes the exception). Our only real area of strength is the midfield. If the board don't get their wallets out and spend big money on 2 CB's in January I'll be furious.

Charlie Mulgrew was booked. I was sitting right in front of it and saw him given a yellow myself. Any BS decisions were reserved for us.

I thought Aberdeen played a good game yesterday, but they didn't play us off the park. At all. Celtic were the dominant team overall. But you're right. It's the worst Celtic team in a long time. I'd say the worst in about 15 years. Defensively a shambles, and not much better up front (with Stokes the exception). Our only real area of strength is the midfield. If the board don't get their wallets out and spend big money on 2 CB's in January I'll be furious.

Mulgrew was not booked, not according to any stats sheets or papers or anything else I, Pa Broon or anyone else has seen.

OK, played off the park is a bit over the top but second half I thought we were the better team

Mulgrew was not booked, not according to any stats sheets or papers or anything else I, Pa Broon or anyone else has seen.

OK, played off the park is a bit over the top but second half I thought we were the better team

I can tell you right now, with 100% confidence that he was booked. It happened right in front of me just after his celebration.

aIMG_4009_edited-1

As to why it's not on any stats sheets, I don't know. But it did happen, so the referee is being consistent there.

Edited by Sc♂ttish⑦Canuck™

I can tell you right now, with 100% confidence that he was booked. It happened right in front of me just after his celebration.

aIMG_4009_edited-1

As to why it's not on any stats sheets, I don't know. But it did happen, so the referee is being consistent there.

that is bizarre becuse it is not listed anywhere and Craig Brown was going mad about the fact Jack was booked and Mulgrew was not. Lennon probably had a word, we all know he gets what he wants with the SFA

Who do you think Celtic will sign in Jan? Would not have thought that they would have that much £ to spend and would have to clear some wages. Who would want to play in Scotland now anyway? Its a joke............